Help Regarding Extension Of Workpermit

Hi

As i already explained in my earlier post,about the fake marriage which i got involved by an illegal agent.I would like to add that at the time I applied for my work permit,I also submitted marriage registration copy at the labour department.As u already know,I m on a NON B visa now.But at the labour department,they know that i m married.and they still asked me to submit the marriage registration copy in order to extend.But now i don't wanna use it any more.I easily quality for the 18,000 Tax paid/year workpermit extension rule,so if they ask me about my marriage registration,can i just simply tell them that i broke up i.e. no anymore marriage certificate?and i just want them to extend the workpermit on the TaxPaid basis?is it possible?i am afraid they will ask for the divorce registration paper,which u all know,i can't produce ! or they won't ask about it and just extend my workpermit according to the taxpaid /year condition??

Technically, you should simply be able to submit your application with proof of having paid > 18,000 baht last year, and that should be it.

But - if you are in a small place where everyone knows everything, you may find that they apply the rules selectively.

The rules are clear - the word "or" appears between the alternatives. There is no requirement that you remain married in order to work. In a way, the 18,000 baht rule exists purely to support the idea that once you have worked (based on another alternative), you have demonstrated a quality that should be its own justification for being allowed to continue to work.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam