Thai Mail Delivery to home

Wullie Mercer

We live in Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, mail delivery is usually not a problem. I was expecting 4 quite important letters from same source out of UK, I received one about 10 days ago, but the other 3 have not arrived, I have noticed we are getting no mail these days. Is this to do with Covid-19 situation? is anyone else having problems with mail delivery in area.

Possibly your local guy has taken himself off for 14 day holiday but if you are having important things due nd are concerned you can eleviate the issue all together by getting a mail box as many do. 500 baht a year and go get it yourself from the local PO.

• Like 1

Had a spell last year with no mail for some time.... asked the Mrs to visit the PO and they handed some over to her and told her they were having staffing problems. Their solution, apparently not to deliver!

All air mail between most countries and Thailand has ceased to be regular.  Only sea mail is being accepted for dispatch from Thailand and expect incoming mail very much delayed (I received 2 letters yesterday from February that were mailed from unknown location (drop mail from USA).  Expect severe mail delay for anything other than perhaps China.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wullie Mercer said:

I was expecting 4 quite important letters from same source out of UK, I received one about 10 days ago,

Just curious what type of company is using snail mail in the UK these days?

Every "important letter" I have received since ~2004 has been a pdf attachment to an email.  Not sure who is sending snail mail these days.  Banks, 401K, Mortgage companies, insurance companies all use email and pdf attachments in the USA . 

You can still request paper copies, but they will also send via email even in those cases I believe 

That said, I am waiting for a new VISA card from an American bank for over 2 weeks now.  Was told it would only take 10 days.   

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Banks, 401K, Mortgage companies, insurance companies all use email and pdf attachments in the USA . 

But we are not in the USA.  FEP Blue Cross is part of the largest insurance system in the USA and still uses mail for foreign residents (even if you select online services).  And refund of overpayment of claim just required a personal check last month (no option for any cards or bank transfers).  All pharmacy claim payments from them are made in paper checks mailed to your address.    

42 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But we are not in the USA.  FEP Blue Cross is part of the largest insurance system in the USA and still uses mail for foreign residents (even if you select online services)

Incorrect.  I was hospitalized for Pneumonia two years ago and put the $4,000 bill on my Credit Card and FEB reimbursed me before I even got the Credit Card bill

The FEP claim form shows a line for you to provide your bank information for EFTS to a US bank and they even give you the option for a bank Wire if you don't have a US bank. So no paper check required 

1723011792_claimform.png.c342bb7299f5f13578968e38fee4c8a3.png

1 minute ago, Langsuan Man said:

Incorrect.  I was hospitalized for Pneumonia two years ago and put the $4,000 bill on my Credit Card and FEB reimbursed me before I even got the Credit Card bill

The FEP claim form shows a line for you to provide your bank information for EFTS to a US bank and they even give you the option for a bank Wire if you don't have a US bank. So no paper check required 

1723011792_claimform.png.c342bb7299f5f13578968e38fee4c8a3.png

Believe you may have misread by post - I was talking about payment to them.  I am aware of direct deposit and use it - but even using that they mail the EOB statement.  And pharmacy payment can not be made by direct deposit.  And as I stated they only accept check or money order for payment to them and only sent bill by post (although I clearly authorize email on every claim submission).   

• Like 1

I'm also in Banglamung though a different area.

Yesterday I received a card in the box for failed delivery of a registered letter.

When I look up the tracking number it shows 3 previous failed delivery attempts, although I haven't been outside my house on those days, and I even received an EMS on one of those days

9 hours ago, sometime said:

I have a parcel coming from the UK keep checking online and its been in Manchester Royal mail for the past week

My UK registered post office parcel came today "a m/c part" ordered 24th March.