Extension for Non Imm O Visa based On marriage

Hi All

I am due to leave the country by 9th April so will be going to CW to extend my visa for 60 days due to the current situation.  Just hoping to find someone, first hand who has been through this process. What documents were you asked to present and which Immigration was that at?  This way I can be fully prepared for when I go to immigration.  Many Thanks

You wife will need to be with you when you apply.

Normal is marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof that you are living in Bangkok will be required.

• Like 1

On Monday, March 30th, I went to Udon Thani immigration to extend my visa based on marriage. I was eagerly waiting for this day (inside of 30 days until the expiration of my current extension). I wanted to get this done before the situation became worse so this visit was about 28 days prior to expiry. I had all my paperwork and even my witness (another Thai person to sign off for god knows what).

Anyway, there is a tent outside the office with spaced out chairs for social distancing. Lots of Lao people, I guess due to border closure. The whole scene is a little scary. I took a number in the queue and waited about an hour to be called.

Upon heading inside, a minute after looking at my passport they said I had to come back after Songkran because they were too busy. To say the least, I'm not happy about it but there is nothing I can do.

Do not expect to get service at immigration even if you wait your turn while risking infection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife will need to be with you when you apply.

Normal is marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof that you are living in Bangkok will be required.

how much for it?

21 hours ago, Bangersandcash said:

ok great nice and simple, will report back next week to confirm once done for any others who will be checking the thread.

Here is the list of requirements for Phuket Immigration (yes, I know not CW, but in theory there shouldn't be any difference).   I renewed my own extension last week, and the listed requirements were 100% accurate.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Here is the list of requirements for Phuket Immigration (yes, I know not CW, but in theory there shouldn't be any difference).   I renewed my own extension last week, and the listed requirements were 100% accurate.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/

Wrong info since he applying for a 60 day extension to visit his wife not a one year extension that page has on it.

Checked the 60 day extension page and it has Phuket specific requirements that are certainly not normal at other offices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1