Loss of appetite, stomach cramps and constantly needing the toilet.

jimmjam

Do you have any probiotics? is so take every couple of hours, drink lots of water, you obviously have some form of food poisoning so need to get rid of the toxins, stay hydrated is important.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Id prefer to self medicate, id prefer not to venture into these places if possible.

I went the other day with mild food poisening. Pattaya International Soi 4. Very quiet and very friendly. In and out with medication in under 15 minutes. You should go mate.

Edited by ianezy0
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Any ideas?

look for any rash that develops. if you get one, take a clear photograph to show your doctor. 

if your diarrhea lasts more than three days see a doctor. 

• Like 1

I had very similar problem a couple of months ago lost 4kilo in 3 days finally went to pharmacy they gave me 3 different medicines 1 to take for 5 days in 24 hours I had vastly improved took a couple of weeks to get my strength back up though, so my advice is get to the pharmacy.

• Like 1

Follow what the other guys are saying re fluids, electrolytes but I find this very common after a long dry spell and first rain. Must stir the already depleted dams up. Both my kids have it atm

Edited by Tingtong2mut
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Do NOT self medicate with antibiotics.

At any 7-11 you can get C-A-RBON and electrolyte packets.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If it continues more than a couple of days more, or if you develop fever or are unable to keep liquids down then trip to the hospital is necessary. In most cases home treatment will suffice.

dilute 1:1 otherwise you will aggravate diarrhea and lose more fluid.  WHY?  Because gatoriad type fluids are hypertonic.

At least try non-medicinal ways to stop the toilet business.  I think most of us who go off to live in these tropical places figure out what works for them and they become go-to items for when the symptoms come up.  What works for me (and could possibly have the opposite effect on you) is:

yoghurt

water from a green coconut

hard-boiled eggs

bananas

but not all at the same time!  Try one, wait for a result.  But some people have told me bananas has the opposite effect on them. 

In case you happen to be near a store that sells things imported from India, there is something called sat-i-sabgol.  Mix this with yoghurt, and it will plug up the most severe dysentery (that's my experience).  I'm talking about a tar plug!  They tell me if you take it with milk it works as a laxative, but I never tried it.

There's 3 kinds of food poisoning: 1 day, 3 day, and 8 day.

One day is diarrhea, eat a little yoghurt and you'll forget about it by dinner time.

Three day you'll be hoping that's all it is, and if it's still there on day four it's time for the big stuff, like a doctor's visit, or a pharmacist you think is trustworthy.  The eight day kind is the one that can kill ya.  One of the ways it does that is it keeps you from sleeping by making you run to the toilet all night and day.

50 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

what did you eat and where? This is not supposed to be seafood season... go to the pharmacy and get a course of anti-biotics. That should take care of it. 

It probably was seafood, i had some on saturday before this started.????‍♂️

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Do NOT self medicate with antibiotics.

At any 7-11 you can get C-A-RBON and electrolyte packets.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If it continues more than a couple of days more, or if you develop fever or are unable to keep liquids down then trip to the hospital is necessary. In most cases home treatment will suffice.

I'd reckon Immodium for the diarrhea, usually available at most drug stores.  

Take two capsules and wait. Great medicine from Germany. 

Drink a lot of water. 

Immidium.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Had similar a few years ago - food poisoning.

BUT, it lasted for about 3 weeks before better.

Not a great time to need the loo a lot, unless you have a bum gun

We are in the Land of Bumguns. The Smiles have long gone. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

human body is quite capable of self healing and cleaning

That has always been my belief but on this occasion it wasn't the case I had no pain or discomfort apart from no appetite if I drank 1 glass of water in 10 minutes I defecated about 6 glasses of liquid the result of this untreated is dehydration and death.????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

That has always been my belief but on this occasion it wasn't the case I had no pain or discomfort apart from no appetite if I drank 1 glass of water in 10 minutes I defecated about 6 glasses of liquid the result of this untreated is dehydration and death.????

I should have said in most instances! I ended up on drip in a Cairo hospital one time through severe dehydration due to dysentery, not pleasant ???? 

The point was to give the body a chance to heal itself for a few days.

As above if your body needs to get rid of toxins not a great idea to stop them up inside to breed with drugs, you can get rid of the initial symptoms then spend weeks restoring your body again due to the damage done by what you have taken!

I worked in some truly horrible places and learnt a lot of hard, practical lessons! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'd reckon Immodium for the diarrhea, usually available at most drug stores.  

Take two capsules and wait. Great medicine from Germany. 

Drink a lot of water. 

Immidium.jpg

Imodium (Loperamide) and the like are just to stop you embarrassing yourself in public.

It does nothing to speed recovery and possibly even hinders it.

OP:

Max hydration and go to doctor if no change after a week.

Paracetamol OK for pain relief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Do you have any probiotics? is so take every couple of hours, drink lots of water, you obviously have some form of food poisoning so need to get rid of the toxins, stay hydrated is important.

I've had severe food poisoning and the effects are not as given in the OP.

See a Dr if worried.

I agree about staying hydrated as most of us do not drink enough water.