I Raise My Voice And She Threatens To Leave...

mrt273nva

my wife (thai) of 15 months has gone loco in the last few weeks. is there anyhing i can do to revive this love, or should i jump ship before things get worse.

i don't know if they were only words or not, but if i'm not here and posting in a week well then send a search party for my body. i've never heard threats like this before (not that it really scares me cause she is harmless)

but still. i'm not sure what is going on domestically right now... help!!!

Not a good idea ever to shout at a Thai, let alone your partner.

It does not matter how well you are winning an argument, the minute you shout or raise your voice, you will lose, simply because you have lost ontrol of yourself and made your partner lose face, with you or anyone.

So my advice never raise your voice, if you really need to, excuse yourself, go to the bathroom and wash your face with cold water.

Good luck, I know its frustrating

Not a good idea ever to shout at a Thai, let alone your partner.

It does not matter how well you are winning an argument, the minute you shout or raise your voice, you will lose, simply because you have lost ontrol of yourself and made your partner lose face, with you or anyone.

So my advice never raise your voice, if you really need to, excuse yourself, go to the bathroom and wash your face with cold water.

Good luck, I know its frustrating

No-one informed my wife of that! ^^

I'm the calm one, she is the one raising her voice.

my wife (thai) of 15 months has gone loco in the last few weeks. is there anyhing i can do to revive this love, or should i jump ship before things get worse.

Head for the hills, marriage is the just about the worst thing that can happen to a man & it may in your situation only get worse.

yea right , and none of us has ever raised our voice ....................

welcome to multicultural relationships

when things have calmed down , apologise and talk it through with the better half .

If I love someone. truly love them, than I would do whatever it took to let that person know that I love them. If you know what it would take and if you love her enough to make the effort then both of you are a lucky couple.
---shout " i fcking love you"---?

I was thinking he could buy flowers with dinner and an honest apology and asking her how he can ever fix her heart towards him....

When it comes to friends and loves, I don't know why people are so shy to be a real friend or love when the going gets tough.

Shouting in anger came so easy.... Now comes the hard work.....

If I love someone. truly love them, than I would do whatever it took to let that person know that I love them. If you know what it would take and if you love her enough to make the effort then both of you are a lucky couple.

###### your girl is lucky...

I was thinking he could buy flowers with dinner and an honest apology and asking her how he can ever fix her heart towards him....

When it comes to friends and loves, I don't know why people are so shy to be a real friend or love when the going gets tough.

SHE has gone loco....not him!

<deleted> are you suggesting flowers, dinner and an honest apology for?

Jeeeeeezzz....don't give them any more power than they already have !!!

It seems unlikely that just from one incident a partner would threaten to leave, unless other problems had been ongoing. People sometimes look for excuses to end a relationship that is not satisfying enough to them, if they are not strong enough to end it on that basis alone.

SHE has gone loco....not him!

<deleted> are you suggesting flowers, dinner and an honest apology for?

Jeeeeeezzz....don't give them any more power than they already have !!!

Don't forget we;re only hearing one side of the story.

cool avatar, made me chill out on my reply to you! :o

I read somewhere ... words said in anger are like hammering nails into a wall. You can pull out the nails later but the holes remain ...

This is really nicely said Phil. I'm gonna remember that.

i don't know if they were only words or not, but if i'm not here and posting in a week well then send a search party for my body. i've never heard threats like this before (not that it really scares me cause she is harmless)

but still. i'm not sure what is going on domestically right now... help!!!

" ... but if i'm not here and posting in a week well then send a search party for my body ...." - mmmm says something about you and your approach to problem solving i.e. you're been emontional - use your head, not your heart - your "feelings" are getting the better of you.

Married 15months - you guys hardly know each other - how old are you, how old is she? What do you do for a living, what does she do (did)?

Good luck

thailand is no place for new men or wimps with girly attitudes like that.

i fully understand and sympathise that that might be the sensible option when attempting the "crawlback manoeuvre" with women , given the financial disadvantages of separation , where you come from , but doing that here is just building up big trouble for later on.

start down that road and you'll be reamed , creamed , steamed and dry cleaned before you can say "forgive me darling , it was all my fault"

if she is threatening to leave just because of a raised voice , then in my book she has either become bored with the relationship or she is showing signs of suffering from " acute fruitcake syndrome" or a combination of the two and i would advise letting her go off and terrorise some other poor man.

Edited by taxexile

Those that say end the relationship, have probably gone through the same thing, and turned the other cheek, only to reliaze they are putting up with a lot (cr a p) 10 years latter. So yea, I say end the relationship, get out while the getting is good.... and if she thinks she can not be replaced.... She is right, she probably can not be replaced within 5 minutes. But within an hour, no question... Asta Babty

It seems unlikely that just from one incident a partner would threaten to leave, unless other problems had been ongoing. People sometimes look for excuses to end a relationship that is not satisfying enough to them, if they are not strong enough to end it on that basis alone.

steven has a very valid comment and it is very true in my experience.

sometimes its just too hard to leave a relationship because of emotional reasons or whatever.

we can become trapped in our relationships feeling smothered, becoming very unhappy, and woman are emotionally sronger, thats why men hang in there and the woman usually leaves.

the trick is to know when the relationship is finished but when one is emotionally involved this is very difficult and one tends to stay when one should go.

marrage is only as piece of paper, meaning nothing when the relationship is dead and there is no good reason to live in a dying relationship as at the end of the day one dies inside when living like this.

if there are no children involved id be running away as fast as i could if i felt there was no hope for the relationship.

if this woman is threatening this guy he needs to put his sprinting shoes on and get himself a new life and partner.

anyway, good luck mate and better luck next time. :o

lifes short so dont waste your time.

thailand is no place for new men or wimps with girly attitudes like that. that might work where you come from , but doing that here is just building up big trouble for later on.

start down that road and you'll be reamed , creamed , steamed and dry cleaned before you can say "forgive me darling , it was all my fault"

if she is threatening to leave just because of a raised voice , then in my book she is showing all the symptoms of " acute fruitcake syndrome" , and i would let her go off and terrorise some other poor man

respect to you tax as you speak with the straitest tongue ever to be placed in the noggin of a farang. :D

whimpy romantic guys make me puke when they suck up to a recalcitrant female who is being a complete tosser. :D

some guys think us males are placed on this earth to make females happy, but what ever happenned to a two way street and equality in this world.

the worst mistake a man can make is to become serventile to a female and the relationship must be based on mutual respect and equality.

if she wants to play the nut case card, then i say send her sad arse down the soi as quick as possible, as theres another loser waiting at the nearest bar. :o

and thank you very much tax for your words of wisdom. :D

and here endeth the sermon

a " truer " semon never delivered, and myself being a top reverend has promoted " brother tax " to top boss cocky of the " rambuttri parish." :D

because of his incredible forsight, its triple shots of alter wine, free pizza and service from the katoey ten. :o

thank you very much brother tax and just watch out for the bleeding soi dogs when your walking though the door. :D :D

thailand is no place for new men or wimps with girly attitudes like that.

i fully understand and sympathise that that might be the sensible option when attempting the "crawlback manoeuvre" with women , given the financial disadvantages of separation , where you come from , but doing that here is just building up big trouble for later on.

if she is threatening to leave just because of a raised voice , then in my book she has either become bored with the relationship or she is showing signs of suffering from " acute fruitcake syndrome" or a combination of the two and i would advise letting her go off and terrorise some other poor man.

Very wise words Tax.

To the OP.

Try walking out yourself, see how far you get ..... the length of the device you will need to measure the distance will be a good indicator of the longevity of the relationship.

However, feeling the need to walk out is only an indicator of not 'if' but 'when'