3 * 90 Day Non O Imm Visa

I was wondering if you have to leave Thailand for any period of time to get another 3*90 day non O visa or can you simply go back to your home country and apply for another immediately?

Are you limited to XX days in Thailand in any one year using the 3*90 day none O visas?

I do not want to go for a retirement visa or do 30 day visa runs (with all the hassle associated with that) so is this the best way of staying in LOS?

TIA

Edited by duratanium

No answer, sorry, just a simple question: What on earth does the "LOS" mean. See lots of people writing those letters...

Most people mean "Land of Smiles". Others may have their own meaning.

My question is what is a 3* 90 day Non-immi visa?

No answer, sorry, just a simple question: What on earth does the "LOS" mean. See lots of people writing those letters...

multiple None Immigrant O visa... 3 visas in one that allow you to stay in LOS for 90 days a time * 3

therefore you need to do a border crossing to have your passport re-stamped every 90 days.

Cost U.K. £90

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

multiple None Immigrant O visa... 3 visas in one that allow you to stay in LOS for 90 days a time * 3

therefore you need to do a border crossing to have your passport re-stamped every 90 days.

Cost U.K. £90

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

Thanks, it's just that I haven't seen it written that way. Also, by three visas in one, you meant that you can enter 3 consecutive times? Not different classifications like "B" or "ED" etc. Right? Anyway, thanks for including the link. I've read about the place, and I'm sure it has some good information.

I sense some misunderstanding here.

The multiple-entry non-immigrant visa – non-O, non-B, etc. – is valid for an unlimited number of entries into Thailand within one year from the visa’s issue date. Some people call the multiple-entry non-O visa a one-year non-O visa.

With each entry on a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa, you get permission to stay for 90 days. With good timing, ie. if you obtain your visa close to your first departure for Thailand and make a last entry close to the visa’s expiration date, you can get almost 15 months in Thailand out of the visa, with four border runs (exit Thailand, enter another country, return to Thailand same day)

--

Maestro

The multiple-entry non-immigrant visa – non-O, non-B, etc. – is valid for an unlimited number of entries into Thailand within one year from the visa's issue date. Some people call the multiple-entry non-O visa a one-year non-O visa.

With each entry on a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa, you get permission to stay for 90 days. With good timing, ie. if you obtain your visa close to your first departure for Thailand and make a last entry close to the visa's expiration date, you can get almost 15 months in Thailand out of the visa, with four border runs (exit Thailand, enter another country, return to Thailand same day)

--

Maestro

You're correct, I didn't understand the previous posts! I thought I understood things as you explained them. But how the OP wrote, 3* 90 day Non Immi "O", and the term "3 in one visa" had me wondering if I was missing something.

Thanks for the clarification!

With each entry on a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa, you get permission to stay for 90 days. With good timing, ie. if you obtain your visa close to your first departure for Thailand and make a last entry close to the visa's expiration date, you can get almost 15 months in Thailand out of the visa, with four border runs (exit Thailand, enter another country, return to Thailand same day)

--

Maestro

Follow on Question,

I am on a Multi non 'O' visa.

The visa expires on 1st july.

I know I can get 14 months out of it, BUT!!

I want to apply for a one year extension. I qualify on all counts (as far as I can see), but with the vagaries of the Thai Immigration system, am not counting my chickens.

Do I need to have it all sorted by 1st July? ie, if I do a border fun on 1st June, extend till 1st sep, will I be able to apply to extend during July?

Normal application for extension of stay should be in the 3-4 weeks remaining of a permitted to stay stamp so if you use the Sep 1 date you should apply early August. Most likely they would allow July, especially if retirement.

As you do not appear to be interested in retirement,

the multiple entry Non Imm O visa will be the best option for you.

It allows you up to a total of 15 months of stay, exiting at the end of each 90 period.

If you do decide to retire in LOS you can simply apply for a one year extension as Lopburi has indicated.