Travelling to Suvarnabhumi Airport

From the UK government website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus

To change or cancel your travel plans, follow these steps:

1. contact your airline, travel company, cruise line or other transport and accommodation providers
  2. get in touch with your insurance provider

My flight out, not yet cancelled, is on 2 May.

And there are the matters of transit at Amman. getting in to France at Paris  CdG, and getting from there by train to my nearest  train station, finally how to get from the train station to my house!

Most, if not all, of this appears impossible at the moment. Everything closed or forbidden.

Hasn't life that was so very easy suddenly become very complicated and foremost of all that's hoping I don't get the virus and nor do any of my family and friends here in Thailand or back " home".

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

As mentioned, all arrivals into Thailand have been suspended. This includes Thai citizens.

But not mentioned on the IATA site yet. Still shows the latest update on 31st. That means airlines are still allowing people to board flights to here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

My flight out, not yet cancelled, is on 2 May.

But the OP is about flying IN to Thailand at this time.

And that is a gamble.

I came upon some article saying they might setup locations for forced quarantine to allow Thai citizens in?

Edited by KhunBENQ

38 minutes ago, fgmr said:

Travelling inland from other provinces to BKK airport. What public road transport options are still available from Surin?

Limited rail services between Surin and Bangkok are still running. I am unsure of the status of the buses.

5 hours ago, blackcab said:

As mentioned, all arrivals into Thailand have been suspended. This includes Thai citizens.

"It is in the pipeline" is the phrase often used by spokespersons of government agencies recently.

[Dr. Thaveesilp Wissanuyothin, spokesman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)] said the prime minister wants to see stringent measures imposed on overseas arrivals for the period between April 2-15.  The Foreign Ministry has been tasked to find out ways to implement the directive from the prime minister.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/prayut-orders-halt-to-arrivals-from-overseas-to-curb-virus-spread/