Foreign citizens told to schedule commercial flights home

geovalin

1 hour ago, finnishmen said:

idiots fly back to europe because thailand have lot better and safety live than all europe whit covil virurses,

totally idiot expats if go to homecountry out of thailand now. thai have lot better and clean now than all other country all europe,england,usa. biggest idiot in world have muslime,italian,russian,sweden,finland country now stay. lot better keep far all thats country now.

right  on!!! what r  u  on about though?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Yeah I plucked that figure out of my backside, much like the Thai's are doing lol 

I fly into Sydney in 2 weeks and into the hotel intercontinental for 2 weeks isolation all expenses paid courtesy Mr Morrison 

Are you sure it's going to be that hotel? Might be a motel room in Redfern. Pizza and KFC.

I'm staying put in Thailand. Plenty of food, not lining up for toilet rolls, my GF will do massage legit/naughty. In Australia, I can look forward to 2 weeks of dubiously splendid quarantine, then I have to go out to look for a bridge to sleep under.

IMO my budget is going to look pretty good for the next 3 - 6 months here, because there's not much to spend on.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:17 PM, geovalin said:

Last week British national Jerry Lewis arranged a chartered flight to leave the Kingdom after many commercial airlines had cancelled scheduled departures.

What exactly is that supposed to mean and who the **** is Jerry Lewis ?

Thought he was dead ?

image.jpeg.ece7491f63b6977c9090182820f3ea72.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

The US government is staying the same thing.

A neighbor who is in a wheelchair tried to fly back to the US last week.  He had a flight, was at Swampy, and they wouldn't let him on the flight because he was over 61 years old.  61???

Fat chance for someone like me who is 76, even if I was stupid enough to go back to the US with Homer Simpson in charge of the country and personally missmanaging the virus situation.

Well I can say where we live in the USA, gas at the lowest price in years, stores all fully stocked with food, companies have allowed all those that can work from home to work from home, fast food joints all open, people keeping their social distance. 

So if this is mismanagement, I would hate to see other?

Real life and what you watch on the US news these days are 2 different stories.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i'm not being naive .... NSW has a large number of infected and at my home town which the population is only about 300 people there are 3 infected there, and it's hillbilly country.

I don't care about what the Thai government numbers, I care about what country do I think is a higher risk to catch the virus, and i say Australia.  I'll stay put here in my condo thanks ....   less chance of catching it here.

The Australian High Commission here in India is surveying the people stuck about organising commercial repatriation flights. Rumours are that the ticket could be around 3K AUD. This is a bit rich considering the government handouts to the airlines, the abundance of aircraft and crew, and the empty airports.

I'm thinking about it but probably would give it a pass, mainly because as per the Biosecurity Act as currently implemented, once you land in Australia you can't fly out anywhere. As far as I know this restriction has no date attached to it, so if Thailand removes the entry restrictions I still may not be able to get there.

There are more and more restrictions  introduced in Sydney,  the winter and the flu season are coming too. At the moment too many variables in this equation to make a clear decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Yeah I plucked that figure out of my backside, much like the Thai's are doing lol 

I fly into Sydney in 2 weeks and into the hotel intercontinental for 2 weeks isolation all expenses paid courtesy Mr Morrison 

Make sure you are not one of the few who complained about the accommodation

in a 5 star hotel and the food and bla bla bla

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, gearbox said:

The Australian High Commission here in India is surveying the people stuck about organising commercial repatriation flights. Rumours are that the ticket could be around 3K AUD. This is a bit rich considering the government handouts to the airlines, the abundance of aircraft and crew, and the empty airports.

I'm thinking about it but probably would give it a pass, mainly because as per the Biosecurity Act as currently implemented, once you land in Australia you can't fly out anywhere. As far as I know this restriction has no date attached to it, so if Thailand removes the entry restrictions I still may not be able to get there.

There are more and more restrictions  introduced in Sydney,  the winter and the flu season are coming too. At the moment too many variables in this equation to make a clear decision.

I just can't figure out something...if they have a quote for a repatriation flight, why just don't come out with it and say "This is what it needs to be paid, if we fill it in completely it will be $$$$ per person." Trying to squeeze as much as possible?

Screenshot from 2020-04-01 23-36-39.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Haha, sure it’s not the nearby Ibis backpackers in a dunny sized room with no window! I,m sure you,ve seen the feedback?

34 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Nobody is pushing. They mainly want the tourists to return, not people living in the country for a long time. 

That's the only sane post that I have seen on this thread.

Slight correction- 'Tongue Thaied' did very well too.

Edited by Odysseus123

6 hours ago, pathologix said:

To my best understanding (as per daily emails I'm getting from embassy) – US State Dept is recommending TOURISTS return home. They have suggested that expats avoid international travel. I haven't seen them tell citizens who reside in Thailand or Cambodia to give up residency and return to the States. 

I have to admire those that would wait for the USA authorities to tell you to get out of Germany before the Nazi's take over. Come on , Really?  The American Government is at fault here? Live in America if you are an American. Otherwise don't bitsht.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

So to any embassy is pushing people to leave I have to ask, WHY?

Maybe because not knowing how things might "progress", the Embassy people don't want more of their nationals in-country than need to be, meaning potentially more problems?!

Many are tourists with 30 day visa exemption or tourist visa. Better to go home than violating visa rules. My home country told all tourists to leave and hotels shut. 3 days to do it.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Many are tourists with 30 day visa exemption or tourist visa. Better to go home than violating visa rules. My home country told all tourists to leave and hotels shut. 3 days to do it.

...also best go home whilst there are still flights to go on if you need to.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Homer and Donald do sound quite alike, and they're both a strange colour, and intellectually-challenged! ????

Please do not even try to see any similarities. Homer is way more attractive and much smarter than Donald ever was.

MAGA. Make All Genomes Available. 

Condor has some flights in the next days, arranged by the German embassy and they do take on other nationalities.

But you've got to get in touch with the German embassy to make sure that seats are available. 

These are flights from Phuket, or Swampy to Frankfurt/ Main. 

Please see:

https://simpleflying.com/condor-phuket-crew-base/

https://www.condor.com/eu/flight-preparation/travel-advice/latest-travel-updates.jsp

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Please do not even try to see any similarities. Homer is way more attractive and much smarter than Donald ever was.

MAGA. Make All Genomes Available. 

MAGA: Make America GRATE again!????

7 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

If I was an American citizen staying in Thailand, I would definitely stay put here. The US has now the highest number of cases and the death toll is increasing at an alarming pace. Thailand is far, far safer - provided of course, that one takes the standard precautions.

Provided of course that one believes the Thai figures for infection rates.

Provided of course that the Thais do not decide to blame us Farangs for the spread of the virus. I am waiting for the report of the first Immigration officer to get the virus.... the reaction could be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Provided of course that one believes the Thai figures for infection rates.

Provided of course that the Thais do not decide to blame us Farangs for the spread of the virus. I am waiting for the report of the first Immigration officer to get the virus.... the reaction could be interesting.

Different stuff coming out of different countries.
It's alleged that in Germany they've been reporting CV deaths as deaths from underlying illnesses.

Japan reported a very big spike in infections after the Tokyo Olympics was officially postponed, coincidentally??!

11 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

The US government is staying the same thing.

A neighbor who is in a wheelchair tried to fly back to the US last week.  He had a flight, was at Swampy, and they wouldn't let him on the flight because he was over 61 years old.  61???

Fat chance for someone like me who is 76, even if I was stupid enough to go back to the US with Homer Simpson in charge of the country and personally missmanaging the virus situation.

I'm curious, who is the "they"?

Thai Immigration, the US airline, some other airline, US representative at airport?

9 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Too many seem to prefer to stay here and wait it out. 

Yes, expats or tourists.

Over the 20 or so years that I lived in Thailand it sometimes didn't take much of an excuse for me to wangle some extra time there. I moved back to the UK in mid-2018.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:46 AM, captpkapoor said:

If I was an American citizen staying in Thailand, I would definitely stay put here. The US has now the highest number of cases and the death toll is increasing at an alarming pace. Thailand is far, far safer - provided of course, that one takes the standard precautions.

There are 380,000,000 people in the USA. Even at the worst projected rate of 240,000 infected, that is 0.000063 %. The odds of getting struck by lightning are 1 in 13,5000. 0.000063% is not at alarming rate. No, Thailand is not far safer. Thailand would lie about the figures to save tourism dollars, but a little too late for that. The statistic's don't lie. 

On 3/31/2020 at 10:17 PM, geovalin said:

US State Department on March 19 urged citizens around the world to leave COVID-19 affected countries while some flights are still available.

but isn't the U.S. one of the most affected countries in the world right now?

i know many american citizens who left the U.S. ' especially new york,

for other countries, because of the coronavirus.

besides, it is useless to buy a ticket on commercial flight now.

the airlines cancell the flights all the time, i know people who wait 4-5 

weeks for their flight, as it keeps on being cancelled and changed.