Ooops! 24 million baht Lamborghini ends up in the klong - but the engine's still running

webfact

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

A combination of new riches and a high performance car quite frequently results in this type of outcome.

"A combination of new riches..."

When did the driver or his family, or his business, acquire his "new riches"

"Quite frequently"? 

How many times have similar circumstances happened here in, say, the last 12 months that make it such a frequent occurrence?

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

It would be interesting to know where he got the money.

I’m not sure if the Lamborghini showroom at Siam Paragon is still there, but there was one once. I asked the lady who worked there how many of the Murcielagos they sell per year. The answer was around 20.

To halfway answer your question, there’s a lot of legitimately really rich people in Thailand.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"A combination of new riches..."

When did the driver or his family, or his business, acquire his "new riches"

"Quite frequently"? 

How many times have similar circumstances happened here in, say, the last 12 months that make it such a frequent occurrence?

Would you like to pick nits somewhere else? I can't be bothered with trolls, even in these times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

To halfway answer your question, there’s a lot of legitimately really rich people in Thailand.

Name one.  Name one who hasn't become rich through graft and corruption.  Or through inheritance of the gains of graft and corruption.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Happened to me last day... no problem

D4CBBF77-46CA-4FF4-8560-EFC3F7787AAB.jpeg

Exactly, no problem.  Bike did not cost 24 million baht, good as new after a washdown.

The helmet evidently worked, as you are posting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

Name one.  Name one who hasn't become rich through graft and corruption.  Or through inheritance of the gains of graft and corruption.

IMO there are very few fortunes world-wide that have not resulted from criminality of one form or another.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO there are very few fortunes world-wide that have not resulted from criminality of one form or another.

We actually have a couple of guys here in Chiang Rai who own Lamborghinis and I believe are not criminals.

Edited by villagefarang

13 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

We actually have a couple of guys here in Chiang Rai who own Lamborghinis and I believe are not criminals.

Are they owners, renters or have a credit card debt as big as a whale?

Driving a Lamborghini is not necessarily an indicator of the driver's wealth.

You believe they are not criminals. Would you trust them with your money?

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am not going to out who they are but they are legit owners.  The only person I trust with my money is my wife.????

With a population of nearly 70 million here in Thailand, it is not surprising that there are some very wealthy people here.

Edited by villagefarang

4 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I am not going to out who they are but they are legit owners.  The only person I trust with my money is my wife.????

With a population of nearly 70 million here in Thailand, it is not surprising that there are some very wealthy people here.

I don't trust anybody with my money. Been stung too many times.

It's not surprising there are some very wealthy people here, because they can employ about 69 million at 300 baht/day, or less.

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

I guess we have had very different experiences in life and known very different people.????

Statement of the obvious. My problem has been trusting people who in hindsight I should have kicked to the kerb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:
1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

Posting sour grapes again from the 15m² residence of yours?

In about 3 weeks I will be able to walk into a supercar showroom, select my option, take the keys and drive off i to the sunset.

this is based on me being the only living person in Chonburi. Oh and maybe a surviving mechanic!

Royal Thai Navy Riverine Patrol Regiment acquires new high-speed inland submarine.  HTMS Klong:

image.png.c8986d40cc497a467818a4dfa4e8e392.png

This will augment the capabilities of the current 4 door class subs.

image.png.2fec5730d5f9aefb18717ef9d1afa082.png

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Susco said:

Since you are replying, obviously not, I was only going by the picture you self posted of your residence

I'm pretty sure you will never have hemorrhoids.

8 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

there’s a lot of legitimately really rich people in Thailand.

I would have left out the word legitimately. It being highly questionable where some of the rich got their ill gotten gains.

As for the Lambo... 24 Million for a car that is known for catching fire, perhaps he was trying to put the flames out?

Common cause;- unburned fuel mixing with flame from hot exhaust... it sets fire to its own ass.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=video+lamborghini+on+fire

Edited by DaRoadrunner

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Would you like to pick nits somewhere else? I can't be bothered with trolls, even in these times.

Just as I thought!

My comment was certainly not "nit-picking", it was reasonable in view of your assertions about the man. What have "these times" got to do with your odd remarks?

Edited by Just Weird