1 TB Samsung External Drive works perfectly. The connector only needed some soldering.

Isaanbiker

I've had this 1 TB external HD for some years and always encountered problems with the connection. After spending some time ( because the HD was always spinning) I've come to the conclusion that not the HD wa sbad, only a bad connection at the main connector.

Taking it apart showed me that it's not an ordinary case  they were using. ZThe HD sits in a rubber that's protecting it from drops.

I only soldered a few points and the damn thing works like a new one. Just  a heads up for some of you who might think their HD has died. I've got all my files back that i was missing, without bigger problems. 

If you hear it spinning, it could be the wire, or the connector.   

Samsung HD 1 TB connection problem.jpg

It's often a bad connection.

For those who are not familiar with soldering it's probably easier to buy a new case and switch the disk. That requires often only a screwdriver.

Here is a case for 290THB - just the first one I saw.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ugreen-usb-30-external-box-hard-drive-25-external-hard-drive-enclosure-adapter-usb-30-to-sata-hard-disk-case-housing-30847-for-sandisk-wd-seagate-toshiba-samsung-hdd-ssd-6tb-hard-drive-25-i604556887-s1137732390.html

• Like 1