BTS, MRT adjust service hours as curfew takes effect

webfact

BTS, MRT adjust service hours as curfew takes effect

By THE NATION

800_22a4ca9c6620ebe.jpg?v=1585882122

Train operators in Bangkok have adjusted their service hours after the government declared a curfew on Thursday (April 2), ordering suspension of all public transport nationwide from 9.30pm to 4am from April 3 until further notice.

Bangkok Mass Transit System Pcl, operator of BTS Skytrain, said on Thursday (April 2) that all BTS stations on the Sukhumvit and Silom lines would be open until 9.30pm starting Friday (April 3) until further notice. For further information, contact Customer Service Centre on 02-617-6000.

Meanwhile, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand and Bangkok Expressway and Metro Plc, operators of MRT electric trains, also announced on the same day that the MRT Blue Line and Purple Line trains will run from 6am to 9.30pm and that all stations will be open until 9.30pm from April 3 onwards.

All MRT parking lots and park and ride buildings will be open from 5am to 9.30pm to correspond with the opening hours of train stations. For further information, visit www.bemplc.co.th or call customer service centre on 02-624-5200.

Both train operators urged all commuters to wear face masks when entering the stations and the trains and keep a distance of 1-2 metres between persons to reduce the risk of Covid-19 spreading.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385329

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-03

They are shutting much earlier than 9:30. Last night, Saturday April 4, I was able to take the sky train from Thong Lor to Sukhumvit at about 8:45, but when I walked down to take the escalator down to the metro station they were telling people that the last train had left. My phone said exactly 8:50. After a few minutes I was able to get an ok taxi to take out to my Din Dang Rd location. So anyway, it will probably be better to think in terms of 8:30 rather than 9:30 for the last trains.