Change 3 Entry Tourist Visa Into Non B

Hi there,

I landed a job here in Thailand and I want to change my 3x 60 days tourist visa into a non b visa 6 months. The company that I'm working for is able to provide all necessary documents. My question is if it's possible to change it in Bangkok at the immigration bureau, my visa is valid until the 24th of April or that I have to leave the country... If I have to leave the country what's the best place to go at the moment?

Another question... does it matter that I already spent 3x 60 days in Thailand?

First entry: 31 Oct- 27 Dec.

Sec. entry: 15 Jan- 24 Feb

Thrd entry: 24 Feb- 24 Apr

Does someone has recent experience with this?

Cheers!

Fritz

After reading Thaivisa , most people say that you have to leave Thailand and apply for visa B outside. I had same as you- 3x30 days on border runs, then I went to Bangkok to try and get Visa B. Took about half an hour. No problem- even did not have all the documents, they give me Visa B and I had to send missing papers to them by post.Maybe just lucky.

My question is if it's possible to change it in Bangkok at the immigration bureau

Yes. they have a form for it, called “TM.86 Application for change of visa”. Usually, they like to see at least 21 days left of your current permission to stay. If necessary, you can first extend your permitted stay on the tourist visa by 30 days and then, when you have all required documents, apply for the change to non-B.

--

Maestro