Grab scraps Bt3 app fee after complaints

snoop1130

Grab scraps Bt3 app fee after complaints

By The Nation

800_b9c0ac33b395ab2.jpg

Grab Thailand has scrapped the Bt3 charge to use its courier and shopping-delivery app after customers slammed the fee this week. Grab apologised to users and stopped collecting the extra fee for GrabExpress and GrabAssistant from Friday (April 3).

The delivery firm also said it would compensate anyone who used either service between March 31 and April 2 with a code to redeem Bt40 until April 30.

The company said they never charge fees for using the GrabFood app.

It said the aim of the app usage fees was to collect revenue to protect and maintain its growing number of drivers. The number of Grab drivers has soared by more than 29,000 since February, with 35,000 more set to join in April.

Grab said it provides accident and medical insurance for its drivers and riders, plus daily compensation of Bt500 for up to 15 days if they fall ill with Covid-19. It has also sourced face masks, spray disinfectants and alcohol-based gel to protect drivers and riders.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385368

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-03
  • Sad 1

It's only 3 baht people!  These people are literally risking their lives when they go out into the public to retrieve your food and then deliver it to you?

How much extra would you charge under these extraordinary circumstances?

Many US companies are paying their employees more money per hour during these challenging times.

How about paying the Grab driver an extra 20 baht for his trouble...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

It's only 3 baht people!  These people are literally risking their lives when they go out into the public to retrieve your food and then deliver it to you?

Many US companies are paying their employees more money per hour during these challenging times.

Don’t compare USA to Thailand, their salaries are totally different. 

I just want to let all people know that you can also order food from foodpanda. Please compare the prices and choose the one that save you money due to covid 19.

43 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

Don’t compare USA to Thailand, their salaries are totally different. 

I just want to let all people know that you can also order food from foodpanda. Please compare the prices and choose the one that save you money due to covid 19.

Not comparing salaries...comparing management's response to the crisis...

15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Because the 3 baht was going to grab not the riders, we always tip the riders well, as i think many do.

I feel sorry for the local vendors as Grab takes 30-35baht per hundred baht from them. Companies with a high mark-up will do well with grab. Unfortunately the local businesses I want to support would make no profit at all and therefore don't sign up to it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

Can't see what all the fuss is about. Grab is simply living up to it's name, and has every right to increase prices in these trying times... as their customers have every right to order elsewhere.

Agreed

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I feel sorry for the local vendors as Grab takes 30-35baht per hundred baht from them. Companies with a high mark-up will do well with grab. Unfortunately the local businesses I want to support would make no profit at all and therefore don't sign up to it. 

But they have to be pro active, we had a leaflet drop a couple of days ago of 3'local street venders sharing the cost of free delivery.

All arranged in house

Edited by Almer
Additional info