OFFICIAL PROCEDURE AND HOSPITAL EXPERIENCES.

sapson

May have missed this info somewhere.

Whats the official procedure for us westerners if we are worried about COVID 19 and have symptoms etc.?

Do we simply turn up at ER at our local government hospital or are their defined procedures as in the UK such as a hotline number to call first.

Can any members here post accounts of  visits to hospitals in their area etc for themselves or family members, how was it dealt with cost etc and treatment. attitude options and was their local hospital overloaded with potential or confirmed cases etc.

Were you bundled in the back door by a swat team in Hazmat suits or assisted kindly by a brace of nurses etc.

Information from the front line would be very useful as it seems a tad limited on here, just daily official figures but never which hospitals etc or other details.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, wasabi said:

I am wondering how I should get to a hospital if needed too. I suppose an ambulance but not even sure how to call one.

1669 Is emergency number for an Ambulance in normal times, if they speak English, or can locate your house, or you have a Thai speaker with you at the time of need..... all worrying variables.

Re covid not sure hence some first hand info will appear!

I along with everyone in the village have been told that if we show signs and symptoms we're to stay home and self isolate. The Phoo Yai Baan is to be informed. There is a trained medical team set up to monitor each case that arises and they will come to the patient.

But that's the village scenario and so far we've had no cases.

Here's hoping it stays that way.

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I along with everyone in the village have been told that if we show signs and symptoms we're to stay home and self isolate. The Phoo Yai Baan is to be informed. There is a trained medical team set up to monitor each case that arises and they will come to the patient.

But that's the village scenario and so far we've had no cases.

Here's hoping it stays that way.

Having lived in a small village before that was an advantage of the close community.

As for us Issan city dwellers , would like to know the drill, sure information will be forthcoming.

Having a well meaning Thai dragging you to the the most expensive private hospital and being charged 25k baht for a test and discharged with a packet of paracetamol is a worry.

Well maybe i should have posted this in the motoring forum etc?

Or perhaps our membership here and families are luckily not affected which would be bloody marvellous!

Or if a few have been they have understandably more to think about than posting here.

As for official procedure perhaps their just isnt any.

The figures keep coming daily but as for which hospitals were testing etc where were the fatalities how many have been tested nationwide all rather vague.