152 Thai returnees who refused to be quarantined told to report to officials by 6pm

rooster59

3 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

According to the BP as of 7 AM 5APR20, of the 152 out of 158 who absconded from the airport, 134 had turned themselves in to relevant authorities and arrest warrants have been issued for the 18 at-large.

Was the Red Bull escapee one of them? 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

But.....but.....he wears a uniform!

I guess my post which could have talked about anybody anywhere in a position of authority, be it here, or anywhere else should not have been used.  My apologies for being so careless, and so I will now go away for awhile.....

In the meantime while we await the outcome of the 158, three of whom are known to have elevated temperatures, what are the odds that at least a few are infected, but may not have serious symptoms?

Let's hope there is not a super-spreader amongst them for starters, and others that have big families who embraced the returnee by throwing a welcome home party. Both scenarios are plausible.

As was the case with the Lumpini boxing ring incident being allowed to continue, despite officialdom requests to postpone it, in a week's time we could see a similar spike in the numbers contracting the disease - source: the 158 returnees that were permitted to go home without being quarantined.  

Sometimes I wonder at the mentality of those whose job is to enforce the law and those who willfully ignore it. But there again, sadly, both are prevalent in Thai society.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Too late..they should have never let them leave the airport. Half of them are already back in the province

So.... quarantine everyone they had contact with. That will make these idiots very popular. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Turn the fearsome BMW smart car loose...and bring the full weight of the invincible Biometric system to bear on these unruly scallywags.

Probably only dirty farangs in the database.

Edit: Sorry I see Oziex1 beat me to it

Edited by petedk

16 minutes ago, petedk said:

Probably only dirty farangs in the database.

Edit: Sorry I see Oziex1 beat me to it

Oh, that's very bad news. That means there's two confirmed cases of Thaibash-19 on the same thread at the same time.

I'm off to sterilize my mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BobbyL said:

What an embarrassing story.

I am guessing there were one or two, 'Do you know who I am?' passengers who arrived in that crowd and it got out of control. 

Actually it's hilarious as shows the absolute incompetence of the AOT and Immigration Dept.

1 hour ago, JimmyTheMook said:

At least the wonderful highly educated and competent government will not make them queue up for hours right next to each other for a superficial visa stamp.

..Yep.. should follow the example of the USA and the UK.. so much better organized.. ????

All 158 returnees who shunned quarantine report themselves to officials

By The Nation

800_fa8865e742fb377.jpg

All the 158 overseas Thais who landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Friday night and had refused to be quarantined have reported themselves to officials, deputy police spokesman Pol Col Kritsana Phatthanacharoen said at 9pm on Saturday.

The passengers had returned from Japan in three flights, and in a flight each from Qatar, and Singapore. Some passengers reportedly had fever but left the airport, defying quarantine orders.

The prime minister had expressed concern over the incident and subsequently an ultimatum was issued, asking the returnees to report to officials by 6pm on Saturday or face action for violation of laws.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385440

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-05

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

All the 158 overseas Thais who landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Friday night and had refused to be quarantined have reported themselves to officials, deputy police spokesman Pol Col Kritsana Phatthanacharoen said at 9pm on Saturday.

What a well run and efficient turn of events, pat yourselves on the back, wai's all round!

• Sad 1

I feel sure Thailand is going to have the virus hanging around a lot longer then many other country's, this is not the first time  Thai's returning from abroad have disappeared without  being isolated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would hope, and unfortunate as it may seem, that anybody that had contact with them from the time they left the airport until they turned themselves in is smart enough now to self isolate and quarantine themselves as well.  I just love it when people think they know better, and believe they are smarter than anyone else, and because of this poor excuse of an attitude they have, and then directly disobey common sense directions given to them, they not only endanger themselves, but everyone else they come into contact with.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyFax said:

According to the BP as of 7 AM 5APR20, of the 152 out of 158 who absconded from the airport, 134 had turned themselves in to relevant authorities and arrest warrants have been issued for the 18 at-large.

Arrest warrants, the world has gone raving mad. Unbelieveable being arrested for suspicion of having a virus. Most likely none of them even contracted the virus. What a difference two weeks make hey ?

I know someone will complain, but whatever you say, this is way over the top. Illogical panic. 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Crawl back in your hole, life will go on as it has. This isn't going away any time soon, so give it a rest. Accept what you apparently can not. It wont change what's happening all over the world.

there aren't many countries that are issuing arrest warrants for people that were suddenly forced to go into quarantine in another place as their own home. Pray tell, why the urgency now ? Why not two months ago, when it could actually have made a difference. I suspect this remark will go right over your head...

• Sad 1