152 Thai returnees who refused to be quarantined told to report to officials by 6pm

rooster59

5 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Turn the fearsome BMW smart car loose...and bring the full weight of the invincible Biometric system to bear on these unruly scallywags.

Solly; too busy rounding up Dirty Farangs who are on three day overstays...dangerous people and a threat to National Security !

Edited by trainman34014
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:
2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

What an embarrassing story.

I am guessing there were one or two, 'Do you know who I am?' passengers who arrived in that crowd and it got out of control. 

Actually it's hilarious as shows the absolute incompetence of the AOT and Immigration Dept.

Since it was the army that were charged with enforcing this quarantine-on-arrival and it's an army guy that's going to get is ass handed to him for rolling over and letting them go, I don't see where Immigration or AOT have a dog in this Thai bash.

• Like 1

and what about the 3 with fever who ran away?  (thermometer failure?)

why wasn't the police/army sent out to immediately arrest them for proper quarantine and testing?

oh, if only thailand had a fleet of imported luxury sedans outfitted with the latest high-tech gadgets with facial recognition and wifi access to government databases!!!!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ricklev said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10GsRLntAI78fv2A1jCJ4HUJqcrHTbtqavGDCDQmhtbY/mobilebasic  A little perspective.  This is from the flight that landed before them, I think.

Shocking organisation.

Doubt there are many here who would accept being locked in a room with two strangers and only two beds for two weeks without any warning.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

many countries are making it punishable to disobey these type of rules. 

As someone said if this was the Philippines they probably would have been shot. 

In the UK you will be fined for disobeying the orders without reason. People are going to prison for coughing on people and telling them they have the virus. 

You do realise that there are more new cases everyday don't you? So whilst they may have benefited from doing it earlier they are doing it now to stop future cases. 

Its proactive as well as reactive. If those big words go over your head this may help. 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/

Yes I am not an idiot. I do take exception at people being treated like criminals just because they arrived from abroad. the Thai authorities have handled this badly. There is no reason why these people couldn't be left in self isolation in their own homes like many other countries are doing. But no, they were forced to go to a government facility, quite frankly a bad move and not necessary at all. But I do get it, let's just all call these people everything under the sun. After all people that are afraid and in panic, often don't actually use their better judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

There is no reason why these people couldn't be left in self isolation in their own homes like many other countries are doing.

Yes there is a reason. They won't and don't do it. Case in point the last batch from Korea.

Thais no matter rich or poor think the law is for everyone else to follow. The fact that they couldn't at least go with the police and then after testing and maybe a day or so plead their case. Just proves it again.

No one respects the law and it starts at the highest levels of government.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Yes there is a reason. They won't and don't do it. Case in point the last batch from Korea.

Thais no matter rich or poor think the law is for everyone else to follow. The fact that they couldn't at least go with the police and then after testing and maybe a day or so plead their case. Just proves it again.

I agree with you completely.  The "You can not tell me what I should Do" people, could care less, and will always be self absorbed in their own ways and will never let anyone interfere with their lives.  

FACE

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I agree with you completely.  The "You can not tell me what I should Do" people, could care less, and will always be self absorbed in their own ways and will never let anyone interfere with their lives.  

FACE

Actually, I am one of those people. In US i would absolutely go into quarantine though. Here I'd suck it up and go into quarantine coming off the plane. I'm all for liberties but it's a nation of children.

All nations should accept their nationals regardless. Once inside the country the nation has a duty to be certain they returnees are healthy before allowing the out into public.

The measure is reasonable. First they cry about the paper, then the planes now this. Very self entitled.

Edited by Number 6

2 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Hopefully some of the returnees got home with their stories of how they had evaded isolation at the airport and were met with an unexpectedly aggressive reaction from their 'loved ones'. "*deleted* me, you did what"?

Not all Thais are as stupid as many ThaiV members like to paint them!

All 158 on this flight were, apparently...…..

28 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

So what you are basically saying is that these people (whom I presume, you don't even know) do not have the discipline to self quarantine, and therefore these measures are needed ?

I disagree, also because to even have been allowed on the plane, they had to hand over a covid-19 free certificate, no older than 76 hours, as the requirements to even get on the plane into Thailand dictated. 

Nothing worse than a government treating their citizens as children. No wonder these people were angry.

11 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

So what you are basically saying is that these people (whom I presume, you don't even know) do not have the discipline to self quarantine, and therefore these measures are needed ?

I disagree, also because to even have been allowed on the plane, they had to hand over a covid-19 free certificate, no older than 76 hours, as the requirements to even get on the plane into Thailand dictated. 

Nothing worse than a government treating their citizens as children. No wonder these people were angry.

It is people like yourself that cause unrest. The Thai people where lucky to even get back to their own country and to then flaunt a Law, dictated by their own country shows just how much respect they have for their fellow humans.

I would not trust one of them to self issolate.

• Like 1