Food Panda / Grab Food - for girlfriend's restaurant

Hi Guys - this coronavirus has really increased the popularity of food delivery services, and this will probably continue, even after the virus has gone.  My girlfriend has recently set up a small thai food restaurant, and i wanted to know if anyone had any advice / information about using these delivery services.

Can i ask a couple of questions?

1 - is her restaurant allowed to charge more for the food ordered through delivery services, compared to direct in the restaurant (so as to cover the high commission that the delivery services charge)?

2 - is she still allowed to deliver food herself to friends etc (my mate told me that the contract that they get you to sign does not allow this)

any other tips etc please guys?  my girlfriend is operating on low profit margins, and so her current menu and pricing would not make it viable to use Food Panda or Grab......   but she is also feeling she must move with the times and get into allowing people to order using these apps.......   how can she use these apps, without having to raise her prices so much for her existing, walk in customers, that they feel that they are being overcharged?

she has existing walk in customers? I would be hesitant to order any food from a restaurant as I cannot verify the health of the food provider/preparer... has she and everyone in the kitchen been tested? 

Thai spices definitely and often elicit a sneeze.

Edited by kenk24

14 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

she has existing walk in customers? I would be hesitant to order any food from a restaurant as I cannot verify the health of the food provider/preparer... has she and everyone in the kitchen been tested? 

Thai spices definitely and often elicit a sneeze.

if you want to prepare all your food at home that is fine.  i was looking more for the opinions of people who had had business dealings with Food Panda / Grab... please dont derail the topic, as i would really value opinions and advice regarding the topic as stated

Your girlfriend should be able to ask experience Thai restaurant owner people what to do.

The restaurant where I sometimes use to go before C19 is doing takeaways no problem with no increase in prices, if the customer using something like 'Panda' they pay 'Panda' the extra for delivery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Food panda deals direct with the restaurant, they pay the restaurant what has been earned everymonth. I believe they take 30%.

People use grab to go collect the food from the restaurant and deliver it to there home. Example. You order food from your favourite restaurant, you then tell grab to go collect and bring it to your home.