Utility Rebates??

Gonzo the Face

A 15 Kg bottle of gas was 40 Baht cheaper on Saturday,

The Government helping the people,so the gasman said,

but really should have been more due to depressed prices

of Gas and Oil on the World markets.

regards worgeordie 

• Thanks 1

PEA and MEA electric companies are offering security deposit refunds.  Easy process.  Just visit their websites for more info...apply for the refund.  Got my 4000 baht rebate from MEA via direct deposit on 1 April after applying on line just a few days earlier.  MEA serves the Bangkok area; PEA the rest of the country.

• Like 2

My wife said this is only for people who have a deposit with the PEA, which often is for their meter installation at the property. 
Now they are allowed to request this deposit back, however, if they are 2 weeks late paying a bill in the future, they will be cut off right away too.
Those with deposits are not cut off fast if being late (which happens often with many according to her). 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

My wife said this is only for people who have a deposit with the PEA, which often is for their meter installation at the property. 
Now they are allowed to request this deposit back, however, if they are 2 weeks late paying a bill in the future, they will be cut off right away too.
Those with deposits are not cut off fast if being late (which happens often with many according to her). 

Doubtful regarding immediate power if not paying bill within 2 weeks.  You would get a warning notice first and then have a limited time to pay or get disconnected.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384866

“The other question asked frequently is whether MEA will cut power immediately if users who had already got the refund fail to pay their power bill,” said Jaturong. “Currently the rule of immediate power cut is not yet enforced by Provincial Electricity Authority, therefore we will follow existing practice, which includes issuing a warning letter prior to cutting power.”

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie 

Yes I bought one yesterday paid 385bt, expected it to be 100bt cheaper though, still it lasts me 8 months so no biggy

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie 

Petrol is half the price it was 5 years back.

Yet gas is double.

Makes no sense at all.