How do we get back to Thailand

canuckamuck

I am in Canada, Got stuck here when the tickets kept getting cancelled and the travel agent site became unreachable due to volume. My family is in Thailand. I would like to go back obviously. Without making this thread about me, I would like to know how people are going to get back to their families.

I am in the same situation and in Germany now.

Until April 30th we cannot enter Thailand. After that lets wait until Thailand is open - they might just extend it another 1-2 months.

Also when the country is open again, we need details about the quarantine and corona test. For now I could not do such a test in Germany - I think it is the same in other countries. They are too busy and cannot test / fill out forms for "people on holiday".

Quarantine: Need to know details. If we enter Thailand lets say in BKK but we live in CNX, Hua Hin etc. can we go there after entering via BKK and self-quarantine for 14 days in our own accommodation? Or do we need to quarantine in BKK? If yes, which accommodation could we get? Are hotels open for that? Etc.

I think after the country is open it will take some time until we know these details.

Also at least for me and some others here it is important that some of the neighboring countries open up too. Makes travel into Thailand easier - not everyone can enter via Bangkok depending on their history. Also for the quarantine it might be easier to enter Thailand close to where you live.

Lots of waiting ahead. Flights seem to be the smallest problem. At least I can see many airlines have already scheduled flights for May- but less than before of course, but not an issue for flexible people.

• Like 1

people's lives are on hold at the moment unable to; work, see family and friends, undertake recreational activities except going for a walk, shopping for anything other than food... going on holiday is the least of most people's worries. basically we all have to stay at home for the good of everyone, be patient and see how things work out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, samsensam said:

people's lives are on hold at the moment unable to; work, see family and friends, undertake recreational activities except going for a walk, shopping for anything other than food... going on holiday is the least of most people's worries. basically we all have to stay at home for the good of everyone, be patient and see how things work out.

Well getting back to wife and kid is not really a holiday. It is simply going home.

All incoming flights are barred for the moment (until 18 April). Possibly beyond. Unfortunately you got to wait it out. I do note that daily flights from China to Canada continue into YVR and YYZ unabated. Does Canada really have that many citizens/PRs in China? Check flight radar 24 for CES581/MU581 and others. Enlightening. Hope you can get back to your family and life in Thailand safely and ASAP. 

• Like 1