65 Baht To £

Just thought I would say I sent a cheque to Bangkok Bank in London to send funds to Thailand.

BKK bank charged £15 for the transfer of funds to BKK bank in Thailand and gave 65 Baht to the £ on Tuesday.

Not a brilliant figure but I saved on the UK bank charge (£20) which was additional to BKK charges.

The transfer took 10 days but I was in no hurry.

Just got my Nationwide a/c statement in and for my last jolli in March the worse ATM withdrawel rate that i got was @67.50 and the best (28th march)was 68.64...no complaints ....and NO charges .....

Still remember the bad old days when all we got was 33bt to the £....but also in 1997 when it hit 95......all just a game ..innit....

Just got my Nationwide a/c statement in and for my last jolli in March the worse ATM withdrawel rate that i got was @67.50 and the best (28th march)was 68.64...no complaints ....and NO charges .....

Still remember the bad old days when all we got was 33bt to the £....but also in 1997 when it hit 95......all just a game ..innit....

Nice :D

Next step for me before I come back is to open a Nationwide account :D

The above (topic) was just to send money to pay for the car and Sattelite TV and seemed the cheapest way at the time. ( I hate paying banks blood money :o ) and to show what the rate was.