Chaengwattana is a ghost town

When I went on April 3, the place was quite busy and had hundreds of people. But they were doing a pretty good job of managing it. I was actually impressed. So I think those who need to go to CW at this time need not worry too much. In fact, I was more worried about the taxi ride, than I was about CW.

Looks like the rest of the month is a good time for those who have to do "regular business".

I even consider to drive to my office (by car) late in the month for 90 day report.

I need an excuse to get out of the de-facto quarantine.

1 hour ago, Bramley said:

I had a similar experience on the 8th to renew my AO visa. Got there at 7, and got number L23. Staff were enforcing the social distancing pretty effectively. In for the bank letter at 8:30 and my number called at 9:00. I explained I was waiting for the bank letter and the lady said okay, just come back when you've got it. Got the letter at 9:10 and was processed by 9:30. The only problem was the wait to get the passport back, ppl milling around and social distancing fell by the wayside. All done by 10:00 am, and they did my 90 day report without me asking. I used the cheap LMG insurance and they barely glanced at it. Documents needed:

*TM7 plus 1900 baht

*Passport and copies

*Health insurance

*Map of residence (hand drawn at cw)

*3 page declaration (filled in at the desk)

I was pretty pleased with the process.

you did not renew an AO visa as there is no such thing, but you could have had at some time an OA visa issued in your home country, what you did on this visit was to extend your permission to stay for one year, its all in the terminology you use, visas can never be extended, only the permission to stay that the visa gave you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

17 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Must it be hand drawn now? I always use a print out of my condo's website directions.

It depends on the Immigration officer. Sometimes they accept a google map or similar photocopy of a local map, sometimes they do not ask and sometimes they reject your excellent printed map and insist you scrawl it on a piece of paper.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bramley said:

I had a similar experience on the 8th to renew my AO visa.

I used the cheap LMG insurance and they barely glanced at it.

This is interesting!

Could it be that CW is not enforcing the mandatory thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement anymore?

There were some reports two-three weeks ago that it was not required anymore for an OA-extension in Phuket.

Only way to find out is an OA Visa holder applying for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of retirement, and not including the health-insurance certificate in his application document-bundle.

When not asked for it, and application approved that would be evidence of it not being required anymore at the IO were he is applying.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Looks like the rest of the month is a good time for those who have to do "regular business".

I even consider to drive to my office (by car) late in the month for 90 day report.

I need an excuse to get out of the de-facto quarantine.

Then why not drive elsewhere? Why go to immigration when you don't have to?