Hot weather with intermittent thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand

rooster59

Hot weather with intermittent thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand

By THE NATION

800_cdb749f44ef1863.jpeg

The Thailand Meteorological Department forecast on Saturday (April 11) that a thermal low covers upper Thailand while the southerly and southeasterly winds bring humidity from the South China Sea to the lower North, the Northeast, the Central and the East regions.

Hot to very hot conditions with thundershowers and gusty winds are forecast for the upper country. People have been advised to keeping away from big trees and unsecured buildings. Farmers should prevent damage to crops.

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is as follows:

Northern region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 21-26 degrees and highs of 38-41 degrees Celsius.

Northeastern region: Hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 10 per cent of the areas, temperature lows of 23-26 degrees and highs of 34-38 degrees Celsius.

Central region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-27 degrees, highs of 37-41 degrees Celsius.

Eastern region: Hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 20 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-28 degrees, highs of 34-39 degrees Celsius; waves less than a metre high.

Southern region (east coast): Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 24-26 degrees, highs of 34-36 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (west coast): Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-28 degrees, highs of 34-36 degree Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Bangkok and surrounding areas: Hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 26-28 degrees, highs of 36-39 degrees Celsius.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385780

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-11

Ye

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Accuweather says sunny and hot in Chiang Mai, they are usually more accurate than the local forecasts.

Yeah but there is some sort of overcast here today. Let's hope it does rain a little bit, but usually this will be in later afternoon if it happens..

There is this annoying video add about getting rich quick that used to obscure the right hand side of the screen now appears dead centre. Half the time when I try to close it I end up with the scam artists selling their snake oil. Can the moderators do something about this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going by that forecast there is a 90% chance its going to be hot with no rain! Hope we are in the 10% - odds are against it ???? 

Same weather as it is at this time of year - year in, year out! 

Next main weather event will be when the south west monsoon starts to bring rains in about five weeks if we are lucky!

14 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

There is this annoying video add about getting rich quick that used to obscure the right hand side of the screen now appears dead centre. Half the time when I try to close it I end up with the scam artists selling their snake oil. Can the moderators do something about this?

...if you complain about the adverts, your account will get suspended. The New Normal.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, Mayhem11 said:

You must complain about it. I will keep complaining every day until they fix it. 

• Like 1