Best website to research house or condo purchase in Thailand?

I have been using the following websites for real estate searches. Each has it's merit,s but none is a comprehensive place to search existing real estate. I am currently looking in several cities around Thailand, but I am most interested in cities around Phuket like Karon and Kata.

https://www.fazwaz.com

ddproperty.com

hipflat.co.th

What I would like all in one place is:

A map function that works

filters for bedroom, price, square meters etc.. 

price history including most recent price paid and if possible if the price has been raised or drop by the current seller.

Good statistical breakdown like price per square meter. Condo fee if any, floor the unit is on if it's a condo.

Ability to scroll through pictures with my keyboard. Prefer not to have to click some arrow on the screen with my mouse.

Any suggestions beyond what I've listed?

There isn't much data available in any respect, especially history, sales etc. Any data is based on ridiculous asking prices and often nothing to do with the actual sales prices. Often the only people who know what a property sold for are the buyer, seller and the land office, its not public knowledge and its not compiled/analysed like western markets or websites.

You can literally find the same condo/house with multiple listings, various asking prices etc, and it was sold 2 years ago.

You really need to be on the ground to get an accurate idea of market or prices. 

The sites you mention are the main sites but even they will have little or wrong information, <snip>, old listings, multiple listings etc

The market here works with multiple levels of commission, spotters fees etc. people list a property then others will see that listing and list it, Agents, sub agents, sub sub agents will pay commission to anyone who brings in a buyer. There can be several people in the commission chain and they all list the property, 

• Like 2

Some of the individual broker sites may provide some of the info. you desire.

Overall, It is however a non transparent, little information about much of anything market.

Getting the proper background and terms and doing western type extensive/smart/truthful research is really not possible.

• Like 2

There are several other real estate sites for Phuket, such as 

phuket.net/property/

siamrealestate.com/

All offer some sort of filtering.

Price changes are usually given in price per sqm.

Problem, however, is that in Thailand square meters aren't usually based on actual usable space, but include all sorts of areas, including car ports, porches or the entire land plot. So it's really hard to make a comparison based on price per sqm.

couple questions as I may know some properties and realtor (foreigner) that could help, what area(s) are you looking into, how big? condo or house? for living in or as investment?

OP
Well you ve opened a can of worms here and very possibly a deluge of replies with this post.  It's all been discussed in many varieties in the past, so be ready for some acidic comments.

The truth is you can't do any research from the websites available when you say "research property purchases". Unlike in the UK with Rightmove or Zoopla who have direct info from the Govt Land Registry.  Sadly here there's nothing open to the public to see what properties sold for.  Don't beIieve the sellers either.

If anything has sold here in the past 6 months, (unless a total mug bought it or the price was already discounted massively) try deducting 25-30% OFF the asking price.  I regularly chat with guys in the business, dime 20-25 years here it is DEAD, nothing's selling.  And it can only get worse, be patient and good luck.

One day, and I know its a pipe dream, is that this country starts a Real-estate appraisal system, with appraisers who conduct appraisals based upon true value, but then that would make too much sense, and people would loose face over what they personally valued there property at.......same as buying a used car, it is what the market will tolerate... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:
OP
Well you ve opened a can of worms here and very possibly a deluge of replies with this post.  It's all been discussed in many varieties in the past, so be ready for some acidic comments.

The truth is you can't do any research from the websites available when you say "research property purchases". Unlike in the UK with Rightmove or Zoopla who have direct info from the Govt Land Registry.  Sadly here there's nothing open to the public to see what properties sold for.  Don't beIieve the sellers either.

If anything has sold here in the past 6 months, (unless a total mug bought it or the price was already discounted massively) try deducting 25-30% OFF the asking price.  I regularly chat with guys in the business, dime 20-25 years here it is DEAD, nothing's selling.  And it can only get worse, be patient and good luck.

I did try to check existing threads but couldn't find any meeting my specific criteria. One of the most important things is a good map and I don't mean a general map of the area but the specific location on the map of said estate. Only Fazwaz seems to have it but comes up short in other areas.

1 hour ago, wasabi said:

price history including most recent price paid and if possible if the price has been raised or drop by the current seller.

No website shows the most recent price paid because that data is not publicly available.

Even if you find out the officially recorded sale price from the Land Office, there is a high likelihood that this price would not be accurate. Often it will be highly inaccurate.

This is because prices declared at the Land Office are often significantly less than the true sale price.

Accurately assessing the value of real estate in Thailand is both an art and a science and it takes considerable experience to get right.

13 minutes ago, blackcab said:

No website shows the most recent price paid because that data is not publicly available.

Even if you find out the officially recorded sale price from the Land Office, there is a high likelihood that this price would not be accurate. Often it will be highly inaccurate.

This is because the price declared at the Land Office are often significantly less than the true sale price.

Accurately assessing the value of real estate in Thailand is both an art and a science and it takes considerable experience to get right.

For new house, the price is often quite accurate. But for second hand houses, the prices registered with the Land Office are invariably much lower than the actual amount paid to reduce taxes.  

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Template an email with all your questions in this post and send it to every agent in Phuket....let them do the donkey work..they should have all that info except previous selling price

I tend to like to get the lay of the land before engaging a real estate agent but given the tools I have to work with that may be the best plan.

16 hours ago, wasabi said:

I tend to like to get the lay of the land before engaging a real estate agent but given the tools I have to work with that may be the best plan.

A professional agent should have all the info the OP needs on their listing sheet on file...also if they have regular contact with their clients, know latest pricing and the owners personal circumstances with regards negotiations...you'd be surprised how many don't update their websites so contact you will get upto date info..

On 4/13/2020 at 12:45 PM, wasabi said:

I did try to check existing threads but couldn't find any meeting my specific criteria. One of the most important things is a good map and I don't mean a general map of the area but the specific location on the map of said estate. Only Fazwaz seems to have it but comes up short in other areas.

The reason that they don't have maps is that there are few exclusives.. so, if you can find the place on your own, then you don't need the agent..