April 30th.....My luck

Oh, life's life.  Whatever.  My Non-OB visa expires on the 30th.  Let's say everyone gets another month.  Whatever.  May 30th...you pick a date.

Are you telling me then 1 zillion farangs will all go to immigration together on one day???????????????? and i have to go as well.   LOLOLOL

OK, I have a plan.  IF IF IF the borders open before Thailand's Immigration opens, I can give my work permit to a teacher and then head to the border.  Of course, a zillion people might head to the border.

I'm thinking about this wrong???  of course.  explain my poor logic, thanks.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

gotcha, thanks.   

OK, let's see what happens.  

I'm reading more about countries wanting to get back to work on May 1st.  I'm thinking Thailand will follow suit.....I really didn't think the decree would continue, so maybe I'm wrong about that.   The last few days I've seen many more groups of people hanging out, which I avoid.  I even saw two large groups going for bike rides together, which was very odd.   I thought they wouldn't because the community would look down on them.  again, I guess I was wrong.  My point...I'm sensing a psychological change from being afraid to normalcy.  I'm not in CM or BKK.  

Question forJoe.

My OA extension to stay expires 30th April. It WAS my intention to leave the country.. come back on tourist  visa and   convert to "O" to avoid the  health insurance issue.

Now of course that  scenario may be out of the question.  

A few days ago Joe, you and someone else had different interpretations on whether

The "automatic extensions" also applied to OA AND O.

Has there been any clarification on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 30th is the day the emergency decree ends. It is what all the lockdowns, travel restrictions and etc are under.

It is also the authority they used to issue the ministerial order allowing those on entries from a visa or visa exempt or the extension of them to stay in the country.

The decree will certainly be extended. 

Not  many would be going  to immigration for extensions since they probably would not qualify for another one. Most will need to leave the country. I am sure they will allow some extra time for people to leave after the emergency decree ends.

I guess that follows for 90 day Joe? 

9 minutes ago, gerrytraveller said:

The "automatic extensions" also applied to OA AND O.

The only place they mention visa types is for those entering the country.

Those that plan on extending an existing one year extension should do the application.

If not planning on applying for  an extension I suggest you go to immigration and inquire about what your options are and inform them you cannot meet the requirements. They might tell you to just stay and go on an overstay since they have stated they will not fine people for an overstay. That of course does not mean you would not be on an overstay.

The 30 day special extension should be possible as an option if you can get a letter from your embassy. The misunderstanding and lack of clarity though has caused some to say they will not do them anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lagavulin1 said:

I assume you mean a 90 day entry from a non immigrant visa. Those are included in the order.

Ninety day reports are also waived and there would be a grace period to do them. Or they could just waive the fine for doing them late and do a new report

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SovietChild said:

That's what I was thinking. How full will the Malaysian embassies be, especially in Penang?

I  was also planning on traveling to Penang for a new 1 year multi O visa

luckily mine is not due till mid july an by than if the world is not open

we are truly  F#@ked

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean a 90 day entry from a non immigrant visa. Those are included in the order.

Ninety day reports are also waived and there would be a grace period to do them. Or they could just waive the fine for doing them late and do a new report

It sounds like you're not completely clear on this either, Joe. My 90 day is due on April 30. My bottom line question is: Am I required to go to Immigration on or about April 30 or not? If not, when must I go? (I'm among the many who have tried and failed to get the online system to work!) 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

It sounds like you're not completely clear on this either, Joe. My 90 day is due on April 30. My bottom line question is: Am I required to go to Immigration on or about April 30 or not? If not, when must I go? (I'm among the many who have tried and failed to get the online system to work!) 

I assume you read the post I was replying to. What do you think he meant.

37 minutes ago, lagavulin1 said:

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

Don't worry about doing your report due on the 30th.

The emergency decree will be extended and when it does end it will be not be an immediate end to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you read the post I was replying to. What do you think he meant.

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

Don't worry about doing your report due on the 30th.

The emergency decree will be extended and when it does end it will be not be an immediate end to it.

Thanks, Joe. That clears it up until the next government announcement to announce an upcoming announcement. ????

I don't want to start a new thread.   @ubonjoe Question:  I will be working with a new school in a different province.  They said they can transfer my work permit IF I have a month.  I don't, only a few weeks.  BUT What if we get another one month extension..... do you think that mean I still have my non-ob for one more month?  

my gut says i have to start all over, but it's worth a shot to ask.  

OR,,,, Oh, yeah.   OK, say I can't do this.  Can I do the NON-OB new paperwork in Thailand now?   that will be very helpful as well

thanks

20 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I don't want to start a new thread.   @ubonjoe Question:  I will be working with a new school in a different province.  They said they can transfer my work permit IF I have a month.  I don't, only a few weeks.  BUT What if we get another one month extension..... do you think that mean I still have my non-ob for one more month?  

I think you mean a non-b visa since a non-ob visa does not exist.

How did you get a 30 day extension? I assume it was the special 30 day with a letter from your embassy.

Not sure that the special extension extended original non-b. Your school could check with immigration about it.

20 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

OR,,,, Oh, yeah.   OK, say I can't do this.  Can I do the NON-OB new paperwork in Thailand now?   that will be very helpful as well

You can only apply for a new non immigrant visa (category B) at immigration if you are on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

@ubonjoesorry, Non-B.  Hmmmm....sorry I wasn't clear.  I'll try only once more.

Now I have a WP, Non-B.  Expires 30 April.  I was wondering IF we get an extension for May ..... will that extend my Non-B?  I think my school said it probably won't, but they weren't 100%.  I'm thinking that you are thinking it might not. 

OK, let's say it won't.  

I'll then get something for May and then apply for a new Non-B in Thailand If I'm unable to travel outside the country.  This will still save me the hassle of going to Laos.  

I just thought I heard someone getting a new Non-B at immigration IN Thailand because of covid, but I can't find the information.  

thanks