I Want To Rent A One Bedroom Condo In Pattaya

I'm looking to rent either a one bedroom (no studios) or two bedroom condo in Pattaya.  Soi 15 area preferred. Open pool a plus.

My lease expired a few days ago so I am now renting on a month to month basis. I'm happy where I am but will move if the right opportunity presents itself.   I've been looking at realtor sites but the asking prices are way out of line with current market conditions and I don't want to make what could be perceived as lowball offers.   Please PM me if you are interested.  Thanks.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:45 AM, Emeraldisle said:

What area of Pattaya are you interested in ?

Soi 15 in Central Pattaya is my preferred area.  I'm not in any big rush to move but feel I'm not doing my due diligence if I'm not testing the market.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:37 PM, shortstop said:

if the right opportunity presents itself.   I've been looking at realtor sites but the asking prices are way out of line with current market conditions

That makes no sense . what your seeing but are not happy with ARE market conditions , that's how the market works

Perhaps I worded my post poorly.  What I'm seeing on websites is the listing price for condos, some of which have not been updated for a couple of months.  I don't think many condos are actually being rented at these initial asking prices.  From what I'm seeing in my building, I think very few condos are being rented at any price.    

On 4/18/2020 at 5:45 AM, Emeraldisle said:

Have you had any offers yet?

Yes, but not from this thread.  I bumped into the owner of a residence where we used to live a few years ago.  We got to talking and she made what was a extremely good offer, she even said to me that she knew I'd move back there when my lease up.   But after thinking about it, it's not where we want to live so we didn't move.  

You cant' get a one bedroom condo for 6,000. One bed room wil be around 10K. If you want high and it may go up a few thousands more for high floors. Newer condo with quality furniture and floor tiles are more expensive. 

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 2:19 AM, Mulambana said:

One bed room will be around 10K.

This is my gut feeling as to where the market is.  At that price many frugal expats living in modest 7000 baht digs might be induced to upgrade significantly for just a few thousand baht more.

Edited by shortstop

Anyone have some specific buildings to check out?  I like newer places...I'm trying to stay INSIDE the lockdown area.  
Usually amenities mean something...but not right now since you can't use any.

Baht is less of a concern to me...but I am looking for a deal due to the rental climate.  Right now feeling bent over by landlord who won't lower price even though most others in building had their monthly dropped by about 10k baht per month.  

• Like 1