House Book Blues.

I am on a Non O multiple entry visa based on marriage, this has expired and Iam on the last 30days which runs out May 30th. My wife and I split last year, not amicably unfortunately and she didn't want our daughter, so we left and set up a new life.

My plan was to go to immigration  and apply for a 60 day extension based on my daughter, but, my lovely wife has refused point blank to give me my Yellow house book, which I require because as I have a new address and I need it for my extension application.

What is my best course of action from here ? 

Currently you don't need to apply for an extension until 30th April. Probably they will extend this by at least another month.

The yellow house book belongs to your wife's house? Why should she give it to you? It's hers. And it sounds like you are no longer living there, so your name should not be in it anymore. Besides of this it's also not required to get an extension.

• Like 1

As said you do not need to worry about the extension at this time.

You do not need a yellow house book to apply for the extension. You only need some proof of where you are living when you apply for the extension. 

You will need a copy of your daughters house book registry. You can request a copy of it a a Amphoe since your are her father. You will need her birth certificate when you request it.

• Like 2

The important thing to remember is that a yellow house book is tied to a physical property. It does not belong to any one non-Thai person as such.

Technically, multiple non-Thai people could live in the same building and they could all be registered in the same yellow book.

The yellow house book is actually not that important. What is important is your non-Thai ID number that is printed in the book. Once you have been issued that number with your first yellow book you can register at any new address within minutes.

Technically your are supposed to return the old yellow book so that you can be removed from it before you are placed in a new yellow book. Speak to your local District Office about this to see if they can help.

You will need the consent of the head of household of the new property in order to get another yellow book issued, unless it is a condo you own in your own name.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As said you do not need to worry about the extension at this time.

You do not need a yellow house book to apply for the extension. You only need some proof of where you are living when you apply for the extension. 

You will need a copy of your daughters house book registry. You can request a copy of it a a Amphoe since your are her father. You will need her birth certificate when you request it.

Thank you Ubon and Jackdd for the advice.

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

Currently you don't need to apply for an extension until 30th April. Probably they will extend this by at least another month.

The yellow house book belongs to your wife's house? Why should she give it to you? It's hers. And it sounds like you are no longer living there, so your name should not be in it anymore. Besides of this it's also not required to get an extension.

How can his yellow house book belong to his wifes house? She as a Thai national has a blue house book. He as a foreigner has a yellow house book. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How can his yellow house book belong to his wifes house? She as a Thai national has a blue house book. He as a foreigner has a yellow house book. 

The house has a blue book and a yellow book.

Thais and permanent residents are registered in the blue book.

Foreigners are registered in the yellow book.

The books belong to the house(owner).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, Max69xl said:

It's more correct to say that as a Thai national she is registered in a blue book, and that as a foreigner he is registered in a yellow book.

The word "has" implies ownership, and that's not the case with a yellow book. A yellow book is issued to record non-Thai citizens living in the property. In theory there could be more than one or even several such non-Thai citizens registered in any yellow book.

I think that because most yellow books have only one entry the registrant assumes the book is "their" book. Which of course it isn't.

14 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

I have moved to a new house, owned by the same Thai person. I need to extend my visa in five days time, and the owner is stuck out of the country.

14 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Would it make sense to just show my old address for now?

That depends upon the type of extension you are applying for.

I assume it in the same province as well.

2 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

If I show new address will I need to show a copy of the house book?

If you have a rental agreement most offices want a signed copy of the owners house book and ID card.

Without the house book copy they may not accept your application.