Covid-19: Health official denies worker died after getting infected from corpse

webfact

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

But 'chronic fatigue syndrome' - hospital - really

You don't seem to know what it is ..
Yes, of course for hospital to have a diagnosis, an encephalogram,  even a radio of the lungs;

things that you will never have when going to see a doctor in his private practice ..

I remind you that I live in a village in isaan lost in the middle of nowhere .. not in Pattaya or in Bangkok where you have a maximum of possibilities on this side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Can you provide proof of those amputations? I doubt it. You haven't a leg to stand on.????

Two Australians at Sawang who would still have one his right leg and the other his right arm if they returned to Australia on time;
but here in Thailand we do not treat often, amputation is so much easier with drugs to take then the inevitable paracetamol which treats everything, cancers, ulcers, Alzheimer, etc ...

It is unfortunately not a Thai invention but the Thai doctors found nothing Thai to replace it.

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You don't seem to know what it is ..
Yes, of course for hospital to have a diagnosis, an encephalogram,  even a radio of the lungs;

things that you will never have when going to see a doctor in his private practice ..

I remind you that I live in a village in isaan lost in the middle of nowhere .. not in Pattaya or in Bangkok where you have a maximum of possibilities on this side.

I guess as you guys get older the sense of immortality fades dramatically, surprising given your exercise routine, but there you go....such is life

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I guess as you guys get older the sense of immortality fades dramatically, surprising given your exercise routine, but there you go....such is life

As we get older it is natural to think about one's immortality, well I do, but it doesn't get in the way of me going to the gym to lift a few weights. If I am to pop off, I would rather it happen doing something I enjoy......????

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

As we get older it is natural to think about one's immortality, well I do, but it doesn't get in the way of me going to the gym to lift a few weights. If I am to pop off, I would rather it happen doing something I enjoy......????

Please be careful, don't stub your toe, we don't want the hospitals overrun ????????

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Health official denies worker died after getting infected from corpse

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Thai health officials suggested on March 25 that it was not possible to catch the virus from a dead person. This has been largely discredited.

Who's going to prove That Who's Right or Wrong ? At the moment I have to believe that it is possible to get Infected from a Corps , Until Proven otherwise.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Untrue.

According to the government's own press releases, several foreigners have died. In fact one of the most recent deaths was an American, and I believe there was a Frenchman within the past few weeks as well. And some others.

Why on earth wouldn't there be foreigners among those who died?

Because he (yinn) said so...

• Sad 1

Here's the original source for the OP report. What exactly the two Thai authors are saying, at least to my reading of their English letter, isn't entirely clear. It seems some forensic medical worker in BKK did come down with the CV, but whether he died from it and whether there was any indication he contracted it from his work duties aren't exactly clear from their report.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1752928X20300718

Letter to the Editor

COVID-19 in forensic medicine unit personnel: Observation from Thailand

Of this, one of the cases is a forensic practitioner working in Bangkok, capital of Thailand. 
 At present, there is no data on the exact number of COVID-19 contaminated corpses since it is not a routine practice to examine for COVID-19 in dead bodies in Thailand. Nevertheless, infection control and universal precautions are necessary. Forensic professionals have to wear protective devices including a protective suit, gloves, goggles, cap and mask. The disinfection procedure used in operation rooms might be applied in pathology/forensic units too. According to our best knowledge, this is the first report on COVID-19 infection and death among medical personnel in a Forensic Medicine unit.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK