Covid-19: Don't you know there's a beach ban! Come on Pattaya, this is serious!

webfact

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Waaaaay too many morons here who don't think this applies to them. Many of them not wearing masks. 

I'm seriously thinking of taking photographs and posting their pics....

Oh please do then we can all join you in pointing our self righteous fingers at them.But remember the condemnation Anutin received after suggesting punishment for suggesting everybody wear masks or leave the country,it seems the tide has turned somewhat.

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

That's the reason I packed my bags a few weeks ago and left to a quieter place, for a while ... don't have to deal nor think or be in the midst of this. 

That´s a really smart move at this time. You just simply get away from everything,and do not have to bother with anything more than yourself and the place you stay.

I don´t know, but maybe I am wrong. I see a lot of people sitting on the stairs down to the sand. Does that mean it´s ok to gather at the stairs one meter from the sand, but please do not touch the sand with your feet? That question is also why I am sitting far far away from all this. Just missing my trips to different places about 2 times a month.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Oh please do then we can all join you in pointing our self righteous fingers at them.But remember the condemnation Anutin received after suggesting punishment for suggesting everybody wear masks or leave the country,it seems the tide has turned somewhat.

The advice is STAY AT HOME. 

There might be some small leeway for people to get some exercise, but these idiots ruin it for everyone, because they do not keep their distance and they do not wear masks.

It's not about self righteousness, it's about caring about others and not just yourself.

So yes, if you don't want to join the collective effort, LEAVE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Obviously they should follow the rules but no big deal if a few go near the beach, 100s on soi Buakhao close together. Focus on more important things like why we are in this mess in the first place. 

Why are they close together, when they should be AT HOME? 

More people who think the STAY AT HOME edict doesn't apply to them? 

So, big sign posted says beach area is secured to all. 2 mindsets, one says....hey I won't bother anyone by laying on the beach, obviously the sign doesn't apply to me.

Second mindset says I'm going to follow the rules, I won't spend time on the beach, because we are on stay at home orders and there's a sign at the beach stating "Beach Secured"

So, what gives you the right to go to the beach ar$ehole, what you're special, what????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

A bit of an exaggeration, Thais aren't angry at us, we didn't cause it, it was the China virus plus govt actions. I read 100s of Thai Facebook comments and none have been angry at Farang except at the usual people not wearing masks

... then you have missed a bit of news over the past weeks. 

'OnTheGround', to me, listed exactly the timeline how this went and as it is, as of today ... as I've also experienced it.

But never mind, that is already behind us now.

Let's look forward ... so far, it's looking promising.

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

A bit of an exaggeration, Thais aren't angry at us, we didn't cause it, it was the China virus plus govt actions. I read 100s of Thai Facebook comments and none have been angry at Farang except at the usual people not wearing masks

Fb page name spotli... ...... had 6-9 April some post that got near 1000 comments from thais who was mad at foreigners, some suggested violence against us. This lead to a storm here, even a consulate contacted the Gov in Phuket. Posts was later removed from fb by 11 april, and a thread here as well.

Many posts has accused foreigners to bring the virus here.

Many posts suggested violence against foreigners who didn't wear a mask, was on the beach, or out after curfew.

All in the news last 9 days.

I stand by my post accuracy 100%

20200415_143332.jpg

Edited by OnTheGround
Added image
  • Like 1

That was really funny (or actually not?) ... but 3 days ago, I went into a 7/11, and a woman in the same aisle was in a real hurry got get away, rushing over to the cold drink station. Looking around for nothing.

A bit later, I accidentally met her again, in another aisle ... she didn't had a drink in her hand, from that 'cold drink station' earlier .. but

she couldn't wait to get away from me again. Run Forest run.

Never experienced something like this before in all those years ...  

(and before someone asks ... yes, I did take a shower before, and was wearing a mask, and I've been here since many month before that corona topic, I'm not a fresh import from Italy).

It get's to the local people, I could clearly see this changing over the past weeks. In that, OnTheGround has it spot on with his post!

Hence my anger to the ignorant fellow foreigners before, insisting to not wear a mask.

That was so crazy to experience and the actual need to discuss/debate this on a forum. 

Glad when this is all over and everybody get's back to normal.

It's the same when I would see a group of foreigners ignoring all rules and have a party, wherever, on the beach, on a rooftop.

Brings up all sorts of feeling up in me ... first of all, not understanding them ... we are all far away from home, into this together.

Whether we like it or not. Don't bring this <deleted> over your fellow expats. It's the wrong time to pull off stuff like this.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

Fb page name spotli... ...... had 6-9 April some post that got near 1000 comments from thais who was mad at foreigners, some suggested violence against us. This lead to a storm here, even a consulate contacted the Gov in Phuket. Posts was later removed from fb by 11 april, and a thread here as well.

Many posts has accused foreigners to bring the virus here.

Many posts suggested violence against foreigners who didn't wear a mask, was on the beach, or out after curfew.

All in the news last 9 days.

I stand by my post accuracy 100%

Stay calm, i remember that Phuket story, again drama out of nothing, Thais get angry at Thais not wearing masks and other stuff too, doesn't mean all Thais are hostile to farang. They are fine where i am in Pattaya, apart of trying to get food and money

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Food, some people need to eat

No. You know that is not true. It is supposed to be takeaway only.

But some people are using the food carts there as an excuse to sit around on the steps, fraternising with the low life.

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Stay calm, i remember that Phuket story, again drama out of nothing, Thais get angry at Thais not wearing masks and other stuff too, doesn't mean all Thais are hostile to farang. They are fine where i am in Pattaya, apart of trying to get food and money

Not quite, you have to see the 'bigger' picture, as described. And it's very true.

I can only speak for myself, living here long enough to see a change from i.e. 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago, never an issue ... and what it is today. Agreed, not the majority ... but there have been very very 'subtile' changes, good hints!

Just don't try to argue against it all the time ... take some of it to your heart. 

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, big sign posted says beach area is secured to all. 2 mindsets, one says....hey I won't bother anyone by laying on the beach, obviously the sign doesn't apply to me.

Second mindset says I'm going to follow the rules, I won't spend time on the beach, because we are on stay at home orders and there's a sign at the beach stating "Beach Secured"

So, what gives you the right to go to the beach ar$ehole, what you're special, what????

There are a few posters here that think they are "special"...????....Don't like being told what to do...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last week we were told swimming at the beach OK just no groups. This morning along Jomtien beach quite a few singles and couples walking and some swimming with no problem from police who were constantly patrolling the area on bikes and on foot. Large signs saying no beach "activities" allowed yet police not bothered. Did not see any groups at all.

Did notice many beach chair vendors packing up chairs and umbrellas into trucks apparently told to clear off. The chairs have not been in use for at least the past 10 days so wondering what's up? Maybe major beach cleaning?

1 hour ago, transam said:

There are a few posters here that think they are "special"...????....Don't like being told what to do...

Yes there is a poster or two who thinks they are special......555

i just went down beach road and All remaining beach chairs were being removed by lorries, that's very final

From another website, 

Pattaya residents have noted over the past day many Beach vendors removing their chairs, possessions and drink coolers from the beaches around the area leading to questions of if the removal of items was an order from authorities or a way to further clear off the beach during the Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis.

The actual answer today through conversations with several Beach vendors in the Jomtien and Pattaya area is that Pattaya police have reported that several drink coolers have been broken into overnight and all alcoholic beverages stolen.

9 hours ago, RedPill said:

Yes, agree. The thing is ... it's all or nobody.

Who's going to drive around and decides what is a small group, a big one, what's too close, what's a party, or just a small get together with same people sharing the same house?

All or nothing ... I guess that's why it is like that now.

A group is more than 2 people, very easy to understand

So many people exercising on the small walkway it's much safer on the large beach. Had a stroll along the walkway in the afternoon from soi 5 to soi Wat Bun. At least 50% of people, both Thais and farangs, were either not wearing a face mask at all or else had it pulled down from their face. Why obsess about a solitary person on the beach far away from anybody when there are so many people breaching the rules close to each other on the walkway? 

18 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Waaaaay too many morons here who don't think this applies to them. Many of them not wearing masks. 

I'm seriously thinking of taking photographs and posting their pics....

Great, just what we need, self appointed persecutors. 

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

as a policeman you should have something more useful to do and don't waste your time moving them on.

Pattaya police have nothing more useful to do than harass people on the off-chance of making money.

39 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Pattaya police have nothing more useful to do than harass people on the off-chance of making money.

How many cops are there in Pattaya? One of the stories said they need 27 of them to man just one of the new checkpoints on Suk, so close on 200 in total. I shouldn't have thought there'd be many left to patrol the beaches after that.

THE LEADER  dont need a lockdown  ,for what

he just iniciate  a  CRACKDOWN on Covid    and its gone

wheres the problem??? and thais even the perfection of the evolution and ressistent

by the way, 2 ways to deal with covid...doing nothing , and keep it running would lead in 3 -6 month , lead to a herd resistance , can open up all economy with hudge impact on health sytsem

other way ..keep the curve flat , until you get a vaccine or  a herd resitance keep nearly all closed , meaaning  a realistic timeframe , until back to normal ,travel and leasure , is  until a vaccine in place , minimum 18 month  ,or a herd resitance in place min 12 month from now...  the death on covid would be lower than the death rate of  suicid due to mental illness and  buisssenes fallout and a great depression, including a financial failure for the financcial system....

after thinking  a lot  and the options , we have to go the second  way,and away from flaten the curve, bcs there s no chance to reopen and back to normal within 6 month under the rule flaten the curve

I Dont get all the rules on the beach..... We are Corona free,we only drink Leo.....The only problem is drinking beer does not help flatten the curve on my belly..........

Edited by fforest1