Chonburi officials earmark 1 May for lifting of restrictions and partial return to normality

webfact

1 hour ago, Susco said:

With an estimated 2800 tourists left in Pattaya, that would be no problem, as it would amount to about 1 customer for each bar

Hoping those with Non Imm O & OA visas will be allowed back into Thailand since a lot of us were and still are living there and renting.  Frustrating I can't get back into Thailand where I am still paying rent and was living.  My fridge and wifi is still on! All my belongings are there. 

Happy to quarantine on arrival and have COVID19 test before I fly back.  Before tourists are allowed, please give concessions to allowing retirees back sooner.  Going mental with frustration! 

I Hope the Thai kingdom allows the farang retirees and others who are normally living in Thailand, back into the country sooner.  Happy to start spending my money there again and abiding by all rules as I have always done.  Sawadee krup.  Khob khun krup. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Timwin said:

They have to open, otherwise it will be riots and mayhem. So many Thais depend on unofficial random jobs and selling food.

When they do open, I hope the overheads are not more than the trade. Certainly a large proportion of the potential customers will keep a low profile in the beginning, and rightly so IMO.

For the business owners, overheads (staff wages, electricity & other utilities, etc) mean a lot.

21 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Hoping those with Non Imm O & OA visas will be allowed back into Thailand since a lot of us were and still are living there and renting.  Frustrating I can't get back into Thailand where I am still paying rent and was living.  My fridge and wifi is still on! All my belongings are there. 

Happy to quarantine on arrival and have COVID19 test before I fly back.  Before tourists are allowed, please give concessions to allowing retirees back sooner. 

Hi. I am in the same case.

- and I may not be able to come back before my Retirement ReEntry expires :(. I hope Immigration will do something for this case. I must not be alone !

- I could accept this 14-days quarantine, as it may take a while since foreigner are able to enter without it, and I want to be back ASAP.

Anyone has any idea on how/where this quarantine is done ?

2 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Thaifriendly can be of help to release your imminent urge. Door delivery.

Psssst take a look in soi buakhao near Treetown 6pm until curfew.

(you owe me) lol

oooh dear you have just admitted either your desire for dog rough tar7s or ladyboys, maybe both haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeyoujimmy said:

This lock down has not been a problem for me, as I was just telling my 6ft invisible rabbit friend Harvey

You know Harvey as well? Lol!!!! Likable fellow

From the Nation today -

''In the future, foreign tourists wanting to visit Thailand will have to apply a month ahead and must agree to a 14-day quarantine upon entering the country. He said this move may help the private sector arrange quarantine sites for visitors.'' 

2 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Even more months before other countries allow their citizen to travel abroad, if not until next year.

Then its the question about how expensive air travel has become?

And if Thailand still requires Covid insurance, and 1-3 day old covid free proof from a doctor?

Still a long way to go. 

Be happy for any  restriction lifted, but remember its the land of U-turn.

I just hope Thailand only lets people in from countries that have the situation under control like Vietnam for example, opening up to the west right now or even in a few months COULD be disastrous

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:
2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

So as they start the Pattaya blockade, they also discuss resuming business as usual?

Yes strange a draconian blockade starts a few days before the lock down is lifted !!

Makes sense does it not? It would be a tad backward for them to open Pattaya and let every one rush back here from all over Thailand?

5 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Makes sense does it not? It would be a tad backward for them to open Pattaya and let every one rush back here from all over Thailand?

Yes, from another Thai Visa article

Thai media has referred to Pattaya as the yolk of the egg - an analogy about it being a center of the virus. 

Does not make sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Timwin said:

They have to open, otherwise it will be riots and mayhem. So many Thais depend on unofficial random jobs and selling food.

"Riots and Mayhem"

Thais don,t riot or protest unless someone is willing to pay them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Is it just me!  But this clown seem to be staying up all night watching Fox news?  Everything he comes up with lines with what they purpose in the U.S.

Its just you. And if you are going to call someone a clown, make sure you spell 'propose' correctly in the same comment, otherwise you might look like a bit of a . . . clown?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Not just you. I dont think hes even in thailand. All postings dont match with thai timezone, just start random fox news stuff in middle of the night.

13 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Is it just me!  But this clown seem to be staying up all night watching Fox news?  Everything he comes up with lines with what they purpose in the U.S.

7 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

It may come as a surprise to you but April 30th is a date that has been used by optimists around the globe, delusional optimism in the US has just jumped on the bandwagon.

There is no definitive timing and people need to realise the way out will not be as easy as they seem to think.  Doors will open very slowly, Italy has started by lifting some restrictions and extending others.

Both Italy and Spain, two of the worst-hit countries during the coronavirus pandemic, have re-opened thousands of businesses this week, with millions of workers heading back to their jobs.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/italy-spain-take-first-steps-towards-lifting-lockdown-restrictions-millions-return-jobs-183457

France, Italy announce weeks more of toughest, longest-running measures in West despite pressure to ease up as crisis slows

https://www.wsj.com/articles/european-coronavirus-lockdowns-extended-dashing-hopes-for-speedy-reopening-as-crisis-slows-11586812783