Chonburi officials earmark 1 May for lifting of restrictions and partial return to normality

webfact

On 4/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, smedly said:

Pattaya (and similar cities in Thailand) will be a long time recovering, the main problem now will be the lack of tourists for at least 12 months, I would say many businesses will not be opening up again, even if they could afford to open their doors were are the customers going to come from, they can usually weather the seasonal variance but this is entirely different - looking at zero western tourists for at least the remainder of this year,

The Thai government has suddenly realised just how many people are involved in this type of work and I am talking specifically about western tourists and retirees - they support the incomes of several million people, the stark financial impact of this pandemic is suddenly becoming clearer which is why the sudden U-turn, they are now scrambling to get back to normal because they have realised the financial impact is dire, sod the virus - sod the lockdowns - sod the health of people in the country - we need to be open ASAP

Well I have news for Mr P and his PR genius Anutin - things are not going to be normal for a very long time, every country in the world is facing the same financial meltdown you can thank your Chinese buddies for that, do you think that the millions of so called freelancers are suddenly going to be earning on the 1st May - think again - you dropped the ball on this one, entertainment venues and bars which you failed to support will not be able to open or go on without massive bailouts and government support - if you don't support them then that business sector will die - likely a massive hit to GDP because not only will the income be lost but also those that worked in that huge industry will need support for a very long time

Just maybe someone in government is now joining up the dots, the so called dirty farangs are critical to the Thai economy - I think they are getting it  

good comment.....the world needs to know what that ANUTIN said about tourists.....and expats and farangs!!

Edited by essox essox
after thought

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

it just shows JUST how brainless these kinda people are...OPENING PLACES when 1st May is Labour day......A PUBLIC HOLIDAY (so I believe) !!!!!!!

1st, 4th and 6th are holidays with the 6th being a dry day - Buddha day.