A message for British Nationals in Thailand from British Ambassador Brian Davidson - 15 April

37 minutes ago, Guderian said:

now how about Uncle Rishi sends £1000 out to all us poor Brits who are saving the NHS by selflessly staying in Thailand.

He's been quick to tax me on the slight increase in my modest pension, an extra nine quid tax this month, ok only just over a hundred quid more tax a year, but it all adds up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

The Americans are getting their $1200 gifts from Uncle Sam, the Thais are getting their 5,000 Baht/month from Uncle Prayut, now how about Uncle Rishi sends £1000 out to all us poor Brits who are saving the NHS by selflessly staying in Thailand.

If only - ain't going to happen despite all the taxes we have to pay.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

The Americans are getting their $1200 gifts from Uncle Sam, the Thais are getting their 5,000 Baht/month from Uncle Prayut, now how about Uncle Rishi sends £1000 out to all us poor Brits who are saving the NHS by selflessly staying in Thailand.

dream on ????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Well at least  the British Ambassador is making a effort in keeping us all up to date

With the latest news here in Thailand 

Most Appreciated

He has beggar-all else to do. Oh to be an ambassador, money for old rope. Also, would be nice to have all the embassy members toadying to you and laughing at all your jokes. Bit like being royalty.

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

And having pensions frozen 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Good man. So you are paying taxes in UK, funding therefore NHS, but not benefit by living in Thailand?! Wow ????

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Well at least  the British Ambassador is making a effort in keeping us all up to date

With the latest news here in Thailand 

Most Appreciated

Yes called doing his job that he is well paid for .....shame they seem unable to do more 

3 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

He's been quick to tax me on the slight increase in my modest pension, an extra nine quid tax this month, ok only just over a hundred quid more tax a year, but it all adds up. 

As there’s no increase in state pension while abroad I infer the increase comes from an occupational/private  pension. The £9 extra tax per month,assuming you pay standard tax at 20% means you got a £45 per month increase. If that was a slight  increase (say 2%?) that would mean your pension was £2250 per month. Is that about right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

As there’s no increase in state pension while abroad I infer the increase comes from an occupational/private  pension. The £9 extra tax per month,assuming you pay standard tax at 20% means you got a £45 per month increase. If that was a slight  increase (say 2%?) that would mean your pension was £2250 per month. Is that about right?

You forgot to ask him for his inside leg measurement!