Thai Chamber of Commerce floats phased lockdown lift

webfact

Thai Chamber of Commerce floats phased lockdown lift

By THE NATION

800_9098b1db6854971.jpg?v=1586951784

The Thai Chamber of Commerce is preparing to deliver its plan to lift the lockdown to the government.

Chamber chairman Kalin Sarasin said his team has drafted a blueprint to reopen venues and businesses gradually according to the risk level of zones where they are located. The zones are divided into a “traffic light” arrangement – green, yellow and red – with red signalling the highest level of Covid-19 transmission.

“The green zone covers those areas where no virus cases or infections have been found, [so businesses can reopen there] while the red zone indicates Covid19 hotspots where businesses must stay closed,” said Kalin.

In addition, businesses would be urged to download the “Mor Chana” (winning doctor) mobile app, which tracks individuals who have been exposed to infectious cases.

The app can be used to check on local levels of possible Covid-19 infection.

Kalin’s team emphasised that businesses poised to reopen must have effective measures to deal with Covid-19, including for social distancing among customers and staff. The businesses must also be capable of controlling the behaviour of their customers.

Restaurants must set tables and chairs apart and limit the number of customers at any one time. Cooks and waiting staff must also wear protective gear such as face masks.

“However, crowded businesses such as boxing stadiums should remain closed,” Kalin added.

This proposal will be sent to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on April 20 for proposal to the Cabinet on April 21 (next Tuesday).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386073

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-16

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

a blueprint to reopen venues and businesses gradually according to the risk level of zones where they are located. The zones are divided into a “traffic light” arrangement – green, yellow and red – with red signalling the highest level of Covid-19 transmission

Thailand .. hub of traffic light inspired blueprints .. 

In my experience a lot think a red light is there to be run anyway .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 2

They can't even afford to pay small amounts to the poor.

The only option is to reopen, the problem then is where are the jobs.

There must be hundreds of thousands lost especially in the tourism and associated industries.

And although the government tells us how low the figures are related to deaths and infections, are they really? Is it safe to go back on the streets?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The only option is to reopen, the problem then is where are the jobs.

But it's too late ..
The industrialized countries in Europe and in the USA AND in China have closed their borders;
the planes are nailed to the ground.
Re-open to receive zero customers, what will it be used for?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

But it's too late ..
The industrialized countries in Europe and in the USA AND in China have closed their borders;
the planes are nailed to the ground.
Re-open to receive zero customers, what will it be used for?

Buying time, i guess, which is better than nothing.

If you think Covid 19 is a plague, it has nothing on the curse of greed.

Get used to it you numpties we have to ride this out and your want to start business again will just have to wait.

Sit on your loot and be happy.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Buying time, i guess, which is better than nothing.

I understand, but there are no more consumers, neither from other countries nor even from Thailand;
10 to 15 million unemployed people in a country which boasted of having around 1% a few weeks ago.
and unemployed people without compensation, therefore angry, who risk not marching peacefully in the streets.
Instead of traders I would stay firm by adding a few barricades in front of my shops.
and then with what money will they restock their stalls and pay their employees?

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I understand, but there are no more consumers, neither from other countries nor even from Thailand;
10 to 15 million unemployed people in a country which boasted of having around 1% a few weeks ago.
and unemployed people without compensation, therefore angry, who risk not marching peacefully in the streets.
Instead of traders I would stay firm by adding a few barricades in front of my shops.
and then with what money will they restock their stalls and pay their employees?

I also understand your logic, but locking down the people takes away any hope.

Better imho not to kill the hope, living (and dying) in fear is worse.

Besides that, all the millions who were making a living with foreign tourism, will have to invent other jobs, which would be impossible while watching tv at home.

Just now, mauGR1 said:

Besides that, all the millions who were making a living with foreign tourism, will have to invent other jobs, which would be impossible while watching tv at home.

I find you very optimistic ..
Already before Covid-19, most of the employees in large numbers in the Malls spent most of their time with their eyes on their smartphones staring at bullsh*t;
when you asked them a question about what they were selling, you had the unpleasant feeling of disturbing.
it will not change ...

except that instead of being 20 to sell something their boss will only take 5 which will be more than enough.

• Like 1

At least 20,000 people die on the roads every year, plus another 20-30,000 deaths due to pollution (lung infections, bronchitis, pneumonia) and the Govt does nothing. For the sake of a mere 43 deaths, the country is in chaos, millions unemployed, serious hardship being endured and for what? In the grand scheme, 43 deaths is nothing, that could be the death toll on just 1 day on the roads.

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 2