Hot weather and thundershowers forecast for upper Thailand, heavy rains in the South

webfact

21 hours ago, Kerryd said:

My weather rock looks suspiciously like my head (though still attached to my body thankfully) ! It's ability to determine the weather depends on whether or not it is outside - or even awake !
It is usually pretty darn accurate as well

Rocks work 24/7

Weather forecast.jpg

13 hours ago, Almer said:

How does that work?

If it's brightly lit and warm to the touch, it is sunny weather.

If it is dark and cool to the touch, it is cloudy weather.

If it is swaying back and forth, it is windy weather.

If it is wet - it is rainy weather.

(If it's hidden under 3 feet of snow - it's in Canada and it's summertime ! No lie, where I used to live the ice just broke up on the lake and people are still getting around on skidoos, and that's only a couple hundred kilometres north of Vancouver ! OK, maybe it's not that bad in the summer, in most places. But as an example, last year I went home for a week at the end of June. Should be nice weather right ? The days were getting up to the high 20s (Celsius), sunny skies and dry weather. However, at night it would drop down to 14 degrees. And then, a couple days after I arrived, it rained. It had been 28 degrees outside. After a couple hours of rain - it had dropped to 7 degrees. Back in the mountains, it was snowing. Frikken lucky I still had warm clothes packed away in storage boxes !)

And the rain has stopped in Pattaya again. Wow, we got about 10 seconds of rain yesterday afternoon and the current rain, light as it was, lasted barely 10 minutes. Guess I'm not getting any water again today !

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

If it's brightly lit and warm to the touch, it is sunny weather.

If it is dark and cool to the touch, it is cloudy weather.

If it is swaying back and forth, it is windy weather.

If it is wet - it is rainy weather.

(If it's hidden under 3 feet of snow - it's in Canada and it's summertime ! No lie, where I used to live the ice just broke up on the lake and people are still getting around on skidoos, and that's only a couple hundred kilometres north of Vancouver ! OK, maybe it's not that bad in the summer, in most places. But as an example, last year I went home for a week at the end of June. Should be nice weather right ? The days were getting up to the high 20s (Celsius), sunny skies and dry weather. However, at night it would drop down to 14 degrees. And then, a couple days after I arrived, it rained. It had been 28 degrees outside. After a couple hours of rain - it had dropped to 7 degrees. Back in the mountains, it was snowing. Frikken lucky I still had warm clothes packed away in storage boxes !)

And the rain has stopped in Pattaya again. Wow, we got about 10 seconds of rain yesterday afternoon and the current rain, light as it was, lasted barely 10 minutes. Guess I'm not getting any water again today !

Ingenious i hope you got a patent on that, do you mind if i copy it ? 

Just now, Almer said:

Ingenious i hope you got a patent on that, do you mind if i copy it ? 

It should be floating around the internet in many places - that's where I heard it from years ago.

Wiki has a small collection of other things the Weather Rock can tell, like "If there are two rocks, stop drinking, you are drunk."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_rock

15 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It should be floating around the internet in many places - that's where I heard it from years ago.

Wiki has a small collection of other things the Weather Rock can tell, like "If there are two rocks, stop drinking, you are drunk."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_rock

Kerryd well done good to have a bit if banter, take care

On 4/16/2020 at 9:55 AM, keith101 said:

Where my house is in Uttaradit it has only rained twice in the last 5 months and would not total more than 5 ml for both days so when i see these statements i just have a laugh and then ignore them .

same nong khai farmers land ready for rice no water 5 months rains coming wear.