Money seasoning - the 800K method

I find myself in an unusual situation. My annual renewal for my visa based upon retirement is in June. I used to bank with CIMB, but they closed all of their branches and left Samui, so I had to open a new account which is with SCB. The CIMB account was closed at the end of August and the new SCB account opened at the same time. I cannot get a letter from CIMB without leaving Samui and going to Surat Thani, a non-starter. What is going to happen to me in terms of the seasoning requirements when I go to renew my visa in June when my SCB account only dates back to the end of August?

You do not need a letter from the bank to prove you kept the 800k baht for 3 months after your application. Your bank book would prove that if you updated it before you closed your account.

You only need the letter from the bank to confirm the account you are using to apply for the extension.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need a letter from the bank to prove you kept the 800k baht for 3 months after your application. Your bank book would prove that if you updated it before you closed your account.

You only need the letter from the bank to confirm the account you are using to apply for the extension.

That's great news. Thanks. I do have the old bankbook and it is appropriately updated and closed, so I'll give it a go. 

I think I was more wondering about the 400K year-round requirement. Is the bankbook good enough to meet that requirement? I thought that a different kind of a letter was needed to prove that aspect of the process.

39 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I think I was more wondering about the 400K year-round requirement. Is the bankbook good enough to meet that requirement? I thought that a different kind of a letter was needed to prove that aspect of the process.

Some offices may want a 12 month bank statement. I cannot see how they could expect you have one for an account that is closed.

Since you have proof in you bank book that the 800k baht was still in the bank at the time your account was closed ( assume that) it should accepted.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices may want a 12 month bank statement. I cannot see how they could expect you have one for an account that is closed.

Since you have proof in you bank book that the 800k baht was still in the bank at the time your account was closed ( assume that) it should accepted.

That's what I'm hoping. Thanks, Joe.