Social Security withdrawal this month

hereforgood

Seems Social Security as giving those that pay into it personally or privately rather a break and I assume it's due to the situation with the Coronavirus. Monthly they have been withdrawing 432 Baht from my account for the insurance this month I just got a notice 86 Baht was all that was taken.

He means Thai SS (which includes health insurance) and as I have hear nothing to this effect he had better check with his SS office to make sure no error that might terminate his coverage.

OP call the SS office. Something may be wrong and it could jeopardize your coverage

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

He means Thai SS (which includes health insurance) and as I have hear nothing to this effect he had better check with his SS office to make sure no error that might terminate his coverage.

OP call the SS office. Something may be wrong and it could jeopardize your coverage

will monday but have a friend on it as well and only took 86 baht from him as well

https://www.mazars.co.th/Home/News/COVID-19-Impact/Social-Security-Fund-Measures

Edited by hereforgood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

How were you notified ?

Was not got a message from my bank showing a 86 baht deduction instead of 432 baht have made some calls now to others on SS here and they (6) have had the 86 baht taken as well so pretty sure not a mistake on the part of SS office

1 minute ago, hereforgood said:

Was not got a message from my bank showing a 86 baht deduction instead of 432 baht have made some calls now to others on SS here and they (6) have had the 86 baht taken as well so pretty sure not a mistake on the part of SS office

Ahhh righto, I wrongly assumed it was a deduction from your monthly salary like mine.. hence my question.

2 hours ago, hereforgood said:

will monday but have a friend on it as well and only took 86 baht from him as well

https://www.mazars.co.th/Home/News/COVID-19-Impact/Social-Security-Fund-Measures

Yeap...the article says a 5% to 1% change in amount withheld.   Going from 5 to 1 is a 80% reduction....reduce a monthly 432 payment by 80% and the result is 86 baht.

• Like 1