Tic Toc

assuming you talking about the TikTok app then I had my first viewing of it ever yesterday when a girl kept watching one after the other of those silly videos, i seen about 3 (out of possibly hundreds she watched) and was bored

I also watched my ex girlfriend a few years back, mindlessly scrolling through Facebook and touching like on a bunch of things and not a single emotion on her face (while I was holding her).

I did ask her what was the point of this waste of time as none of the people that she liked stuff for cared even 1% about that like, it's not like that person will be like "oh wow, she liked my page!!" and all I got was a frown.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Years ago my Thai GF was looking at FBook and finished after a few minute. I asked what was on there (I dont have FBook and never will) and she said "same same".  Another tick on the box.  Years later same girl, now wife, rarely looks at FBook.  Loves her candy crush on Ipad though ????

Sad story related to that. We were in Bangkok and attended a friend's 'official ceremony' at Amphur.  There was a Thai couple in front of them and believe it or not for the entire 'wedding' she was on FBook or preening herself using the self-camera. The only time she put it down was when the 'head man' made her, so they could say their 'vows' and sign - she was most annoyed.  

My wife is a recovering FB addict, yet sadly as a junkie would just replace heroine with morphine, my wife has replaced FB with a daily dose of Thai soap opera. 

Edited by BeltAndRoad

6 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

My wife is a recovering FB addict, yet sadly as a junkie would just replace heroine with morphine, my wife has replaced FB with a daily dose of Thai soap opera. 

Sorry to hear that - but better than FBook.  I never try to limit the candy crush - she is doing it now as I type ????

39 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Sorry to hear that - but better than FBook.  I never try to limit the candy crush - she is doing it now as I type ????

Tick Tocking. The practice of moving the arms on each side of the body, in the same direction as the same side leg when marching. Cheers.

• Haha 1

Facebook is for Tiktokers when their old then.  Those Friends they have arnt Friends, you just click a name n theres friend. Another load of nonsense is Influencers, im too old for these terms like Trolls, Boggers etc and internet language. Started with Windows, to me their still things a Man on a Ladder cleaned once a Month.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Tick Tocking. The practice of moving the arms on each side of the body, in the same direction as the same side leg when marching. Cheers.

Ah ha - like that silly 'planking' craze - right? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

Facebook is for Tiktokers when their old then.  Those Friends they have arnt Friends, you just click a name n theres friend. Another load of nonsense is Influencers, im too old for these terms like Trolls, Boggers etc and internet language. Started with Windows, to me their still things a Man on a Ladder cleaned once a Month.

Facebook is something most folk under 30 wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

We are starting to use it for marketing. 

Depending on the products you sell and the way you do the videos you can generate millions of views. 

Anyone doing e-commerce should be including it in their marketing mix.

Lots of people, especially the younger generation, are earning lots of cash from their Tik Tok videos.  Some of the really clever creators earn millions of dollars.

My friend's niece takes lots of videos on a daily basis and posts them on Tik Tok.  She's not making fortunes but does make thousands of baht per month.  Great pocket money!

Not for us 'oldies' though.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:35 PM, norfolkandchance said:

In Oz it was called "square gaiting"

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Theres a  Joke about PLANKERS, but ive only just joined. Most of them post in the...................

You've spelt it wrong.....it starts with a 'W'!     ????

My ex was/is an anything net fanatic. Several Facebook accounts, all of which I was blocked from. Waplog, Bigo Live, Thaifriendly, LIne, Jaumo, Hello Yo, Instagram, etc, etc etc. Just a few I can think of. She visited the other day and I saw an Instagram message pop up. Later I asked her when she joined. "I am not on Instagram, I don't know what it is" Next day I joined Instagram and found her very quickly under one of her Facebook names.

Between them and watching stupid fantasy Chines movies it was great fun (NOT) being with her.

Oh, don't know how but I forgot to mention her addiction to RPG games, mainly ROV and Field of Fire. Sometime ago she got me to link her ATM card so should could buy characters for the game. After a month she got to remove the card from the account, Why? She has spent over 10,000 baht in one month on game characters.

Edited by Dazinoz
Extra added.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:02 PM, Crossy said:

Tictoc.com - "Tic Toc is a Dallas-based marketing services and promotional products agency."

Not sure where this is going. But The Pub is a good start methinks.

China owns Tik Tok Spyware