Another 100 Thais return from Malaysia via Songkhla checkpoint

webfact

Another 100 Thais return from Malaysia via Songkhla checkpoint

By The Nation

800_b37a82a4ec78520.jpg?v=1587278927

About 100 Thais who had been stranded in Malaysia returned to Thailand on Sunday (April 19) at 9am via the 24-hour Customs, Immigration and Quarantine checkpoint in the Sadao district of Songkhla province.

HXUhU646.jpg

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said screening was very strict to identify Covid-19 cases.

omwhJpUf.jpg

Arrangements were in place to take returnees showing infection symptoms to hospitals.

s5h4NTCd.jpg

The Sadao district chief said on Saturday that 67 of 107 returnees were quarantined and 10 had a high risk of being infected with Covid-19.

XbtDyQl5.jpg

However, their test results were negative.

bqzZOGDJ.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386341

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-20

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Sadao district chief said on Saturday that 67 of 107 returnees were quarantined and 10 had a high risk of being infected with Covid-19

Eeeh!??? What super medical professionals managed to handpick 67 out of 107 just by looking at them. Oh dear! The system at that border have more holes than a Swiss cheese.

28 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Eeeh!??? What super medical professionals managed to handpick 67 out of 107 just by looking at them. Oh dear! The system at that border have more holes than a Swiss cheese.

7 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

What happened to the other 40 then! Allowed to go home without quarantine???????

I think you will find the 67 went to hospital quarantine and the 40 sent to quarantine at home. The OP isnt that clear but does mention testing,

"However, their test results were negative."

and hospitial,

"Arrangements were in place to take returnees showing infection symptoms to hospitals."

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find the 67 went to hospital quarantine and the 40 sent to quarantine at home. The OP isnt that clear but does mention testing,

"However, their test results were negative."

and hospitial,

"Arrangements were in place to take returnees showing infection symptoms to hospitals."

It might be like you post, but I thought it was quite clear. See below:

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Sadao district chief said on Saturday that 67 of 107 returnees were quarantined and 10 had a high risk of being infected with Covid-19.

That´s why they call it quarantine facilities and not hospitals. At least I get it like that. ???? 

If it is like you post, that they hospitalized 67 out of 107. Then that´s a great percentage record of over 60% taken too hospital, which I do not believe at all.

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

To this day I haven't seen any description of the liquids they are spraying. What is that stuff? Garden fertilizer?

Disinfectant and chlorine mix. My freind do it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Dettol and chlorine?

Next time I see him I will take photo and post.

Green plastic bottle. And chlorine. Mix together.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrTuner said:

To this day I haven't seen any description of the liquids they are spraying. What is that stuff? Garden fertilizer?

This....

6C67A742-B0A9-4A9A-81AD-7AE8D676EFEB.jpeg

6EB5419A-C8C1-44B6-B291-44AA32F72356.jpeg

A99898CA-3473-4263-91FF-ADB4781A6026.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:46 AM, Megascott said:

10 infected Thai's on a packed bus of 100

No mention was made in either the newspaper report or the posted copy of that report about a bus being the mode of transportation used by the returnees.

The first photograph seems a little ridiculous just spraying the outside of the backpack/bundle.  What about the inside and the contents.  Just curious.

'nuf sed.