Bangkok: Ban on booze sales and entertainment venues extended until April 30

webfact

13 hours ago, J Town said:

I did a cursory Google search (not that I really care, just morbid curiosity). No one in Thailand is selling/delivering.

Not so, my wife called a local shop yesterday and a couple of hours later they deliverd a couple of boxes of Chang, regular price plus 40 Baht for delivery.

I don't Mama & Papa shops can be located via Google, I just wish they stocked wine.

11 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Not so, my wife called a local shop yesterday and a couple of hours later they deliverd a couple of boxes of Chang, regular price plus 40 Baht for delivery.

I don't Mama & Papa shops can be located via Google, I just wish they stocked wine.

What I've discovered is this is currently illegal. I'd recommend caution trying to do that again.

26 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

The local pop&mom shop overhere is selling small Chang for 75, Leo for 78 and Singha for 80 THB. Large bottles go for Chang 110, Leo 115 and Singha for 120. Prices have doubled !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tops said:

The local pop&mom shop overhere is selling small Chang for 75, Leo for 78 and Singha for 80 THB. Large bottles go for Chang 110, Leo 115 and Singha for 120. Prices have doubled !

We paid 640 Baht for each box of Large Chang yesterday, so a tad under 54 Baht a bottle. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of farang will want to go and live in a grown up country after this is over.  One where the government is logical and doesn't treat its citizens like infants. Somewhere better like Cambodia or Vietnam or ... in fact anywhere other than Thailand.

I also bet that in Thailand and around the world in those countries where the authorities heavy-handedness went to far, the citizens will not look kindly on their governments.

Edited by Ketyo

Go to a pharmacy and get some Gabapentin if you’re a severe relapsing alcoholic. It operates on the same gamma-Aminobutyric acid receptors as Alcohol. This drug is a miracle cure when it comes to alcohol cravings and withdrawal. Start off with 300mg and a take an additional 300mg every couple hours later, it’s an incredibly safe drug, but just use caution at first, as with any medication.

After that, you can take at least 900mg or more at a time and your desire to drink will evaporate. It also gives you pseudo-alcohol like effects like feeling more social and chatty, and relieves nerve pain. You’re not going to be drunk, but you’re also not going to want to be drunk since your GABA receptors will be plumb-full of something that it perceives to be alcohol. It takes about 7-10 days to detox from alcohol and go through withdrawal.

I’m not a doctor I’m just sharing my experience as someone who went on a binge drinking session for 7 months that almost ruined my life and almost ruined my relationship. Having a couple beers every night or a bottle now and then is not a big deal, but if you were a functioning temporary-alcoholic like I was, for 7 months anyway, you need clinical help to get off that stuff. Alcohol is the devil and I have no idea why it’s legal in so many places yet marijuana isn’t.

Everyone here as an experience to share and stories to share, and life to be lived to the fullest. Don’t let that alcohol take that away from you. I know that I won’t anymore.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Go to a pharmacy and get some Gabapentin if you’re a severe relapsing alcoholic. It operates on the same gamma-Aminobutyric acid receptors as Alcohol. This drug is a miracle cure when it comes to alcohol cravings and withdrawal. Start off with 300mg and a take an additional 300mg every couple hours later, it’s an incredibly safe drug, but just use caution at first, as with any medication.

After that, you can take at least 900mg or more at a time and your desire to drink will evaporate. It also gives you pseudo-alcohol like effects like feeling more social and chatty, and relieves nerve pain. You’re not going to be drunk, but you’re also not going to want to be drunk since your GABA receptors will be plumb-full of something that it perceives to be alcohol. It takes about 7-10 days to detox from alcohol and go through withdrawal.

I’m not a doctor I’m just sharing my experience as someone who went on a binge drinking session for 7 months that almost ruined my life and almost ruined my relationship. Having a couple beers every night or a bottle now and then is not a big deal, but if you were a functioning temporary-alcoholic like I was, for 7 months anyway, you need clinical help to get off that stuff. Alcohol is the devil and I have no idea why it’s legal in so many places yet marijuana isn’t.

Everyone here as an experience to share and stories to share, and life to be lived to the fullest. Don’t let that alcohol take that away from you. I know that I won’t anymore.

Just because you have no self-control or have addiction issues, doesn't mean that those of us who drink to moderation should be denied a beer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1