Trump says he will suspend all immigration into U.S. over coronavirus

webfact

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

it's about the manner of enforcement e.g. forced family separation , processing of asylum seekers and so on. trump administrations enforcement rules are contrary to accepted international norms. Yes, i realise many trump supporters and others don't care about international Rule of Law, which is certainly underlined by trump still having Stephen Miller as a senior adviser. 

Yeah and people like you don't care what it costs the taxpaying citizen to get your little fraudulent demographic shifting pet projects but there's a helluva alot of people that do care.

Blows my mind how a nations top politicians on the left have gone all in on campaigning for Non-Citizens and there are people who support it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 10:24 PM, JackThompson said:

If the policies being advocated are that doing anything to stop illegal immigration (like a wall) is immoral - and anyone in the country illegally can stay, get a drivers-license, open a bank-acct, get "free" healthcare citizens don't get, and take a job from a citizen, and get a "pathway to citizenship" without even going back home to apply - what else does one call that, other than "open borders"?

I think one calls that, "current U.S. immigration policy". Now that you have defined that, do you have any productive policy input? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

it's about the manner of enforcement e.g. forced family separation , processing of asylum seekers and so on. trump administrations enforcement rules are contrary to accepted international norms. Yes, i realise many trump supporters and others don't care about international Rule of Law, which is certainly underlined by trump still having Stephen Miller as a senior adviser. 

If illegals don't want to be separated, don't try and enter illegally. Is that too hard a concept to understand?

Indeed, Trump would get my vote if I could in the States BECAUSE he gives the finger to the establishment, which has never done anything for the less well off, other than exploiting them or using as cannon fodder.

contrary to accepted international norms

Accepted by whom? No one ever asked me.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, going to support the wall now, are they?

Self deleted as Off Topic - reminder to self don't take the bait to try and get me banned / suspended

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Feel free not to engage with us, <SNIP>

Self deleted as Off Topic - reminder to self don't take the bait to try and get me banned / suspended

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Really shouldn't be any difference in immigration policy at all considering illegal aliens are breaking the laws of the USA by being here. How that can be interpreted differently from person to person and party to party is beyond me. 

Hahaha... so everything is just so obvious... no need for a supreme court then.

Interpretation of laws is a thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

A reasonable comparison would be percentage of legal immigrant population. As an example, as a percentage of legal immigrant population, the USA is currently around 14%, whereas in Australia it's 29%. Don't know where you get your figures, but a credible source current shows trump approval rating at 43.6%, disapproval rating is 52.4%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

trump's Covid handling approval rating is also below 50% at 45.9%.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-are-largely-unimpressed-with-trumps-handling-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic/

There you go putting a lick on Aland's reaffirming that trump win. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, Slip said:

Let us hope that the rest of the world immediately responds in kind.

So do I and hope they follow the usa,there are going to be hard times ahead and the West will simply be unable to afford their current expenditure to economic migration,and this isn,t racism it's simple arithmetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kingdong said:

So do I and hope they follow the usa,there are going to be hard times ahead and the West will simply be unable to afford their current expenditure to economic migration,and this isn,t racism it's simple arithmetic.

Because you believe that immigration represents a net cost to the usa? How do you know that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, frenetic said:

Because you believe that immigration represents a net cost to the usa? How do you know that?

Did  I mention net cost to the usa?no,you did,stop trying to put words in my mouth and telling me what I believe,how do I know that? Didn,t say i did,if that's the best reply you can give to a post think long and hard before giving up the day job.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frenetic said:

Well, you did write this. 

"and the West will simply be unable to afford their current expenditure to economic migration"

So you're saying that migration is something that represents a net cost to the West? How do you know that?

Check out the amounts played out for benefits paid out for a start,there is also the high cost of health care,education,etc, etc you don,t get ,owt for nowt lad someone has to pay for it,and as a worker and a taxpayer that's me,say again,simple arithmetic

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1