U.S. coronavirus deaths top 45,000, doubling in little over a week: Reuters tally

webfact

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

You're shooting the messenger boy. The message came not from me, but a certain Doctor Fauci, writing in the New England Journal of Medicine on March 26.

Last time I looked the good doctor was still one of the lead members of the Trump Administration's White House Coronavirus Task Force.

So I guess he must know what is talking about. Do you?

Fauci did now say call Covid-19 outbreak a "glorified flu outbreak."

Here is a link to the article he co-authored: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

16 hours ago, z42 said:

Shocking figures, and more than believable given the generally appalling health stats and dietary choices that a higher than average % of the population are said to swear by.

A highly contagious respiratory illness is probably the most accurate description i've seen too.

Let's hope this spurs them to change some pretty terrible collective habits going forward.

Give a shout out to processed foods,obesity's  number 1 fan!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, z42 said:

Look how many die each year from obesity related illnesses. Dwarfs these numbers.

America's politics are a mess. The pharma industry has made Americans' health as a collective some of the shakiest on earth.

Covid19 is just another agent to pick these eternally unwell people off. It's a shame that most Americans won't see the bigger picture here

Interesting that you should mention obesity related illness and how it is  synonymous with  CV! 

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

You're shooting the messenger boy. The message came not from me, but a certain Doctor Fauci, writing in the New England Journal of Medicine on March 26.

Last time I looked the good doctor was still one of the lead members of the Trump Administration's White House Coronavirus Task Force.

So I guess he must know what is talking about. Do you?

Dr. fauci debunks the Trump acted to late or Trump knew about this for two months narrative and didn't do nothing about it. Seeing that covid and fauci are synonymous with each other, he is the head of infectious disease ,some say the world renowned expert from the NIH, his advise seemed to downplay the effect it would have on America on Jan 21.

Fauci seems quite educated and intellectual ! I think more so than the average expert medical news analyst..

With all of his knowledge(who and china role) of past events over the years with coronavirus ,he was still downplaying it,yet the left just can't get their heads around this!

Fauci: "Well, you know, obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing. But this is not a major threat [emphasis added] for the people of the United States, and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/09/the_coronavirus_trumps_medical_advice_was_contradictory_inconsistent_--_and_wrong_142898.html

Just my opinion Dr. Did this come up behind you and bite you in the...

Edited by riclag

11 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Would it not be appropriate, while mentioning these figure, to include the fact that the average number of deaths in America during the winter months happens to be around 8,500 per day, which over the 100 or so days that this virus has been around, gives us an average death toll of 850,000 people, under NORMAL WINTER CONDITIONS ! There does exist a phenomenon called "Lying by omission", often used to manipulate people,s opinions or hide the true facts ???? Hey look, nobody wants anyone to die, but this stuff happens !

These deaths are in addition to that, and many people with other diseases are also dying, that are not counted yet.  The virus is the number 2 cause of death in the USA, slightly behind heart attack.

and this

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200401-coronavirus-why-death-and-mortality-rates-differ