Punishment for breaking lockdown in Thailand?

Neole

16 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Please, like, don't, like, use like, like in a sentence, like, unless you like, like something. It's like so like millennial like. ????

And like so is being like an inconsiderate, worthless pig.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:
12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Are you serious, Did you REALLY expect to find a food vendor at 11 pm during a curfew?

It's not food you need sunshine!

7 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

He didn't say what kind of food seller he wanted and up until a certain date 7's were open 24 hours.   We should try not to jump to conclusions.

Curfew, to my knowledge only has one meaning. And I think we all know what meaning is. Agree?

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i got lucky, i went out around 11 pm driving around trying to find food,

didnt find a single edible thing and only saw a few bike taxis

before i went home and trying to fall asleep hungry

1442168376_Trytoeatsomething.jpg.f796958e25799bd00363e8e5235f5ed6.jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, brokenbone said:

Should have tried to find a cop - they usually keep a supply of donuts in the glove compartment. 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 8:14 AM, brokenbone said:

Do you have Tescos or Tops anywhere near your baan? They have online shopping and home delivery. Drink water if you can’t eat it helps fill the stomach and dull hunger pains. Fasting with only water isn’t something people do unless committed but some of us don’t have much choice, but it’s not bad for your body for a few days.

i go out at lunchtime and get food for dinner. This way I hit the local lunchtime.

Actually it was a bit more complex.

The guy got into a fight with his wife's brother where the brother in law was mildly injured and had to get a bit of patchup at the hospital. The police caught the guy, but the wife and her brother refused to file a complaint. So the police said they are going to keep him for breaking the lockdown as he had walked out after the fight.

I still don't have an update from court, though they are supposedly there now.

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Do you have Tescos or Tops anywhere near your baan? They have online shopping and home delivery. Drink water if you can’t eat it helps fill the stomach and dull hunger pains. Fasting with only water isn’t something people do unless committed but some of us don’t have much choice, but it’s not bad for your body for a few days.

i go out at lunchtime and get food for dinner. This way I hit the local lunchtime.

well, if they deliver after 10 pm, they would then breaking the law also.

i glance at the clock more frequently now and have made it to 7/11 at the last minute quite a few times now.

i eat too much so i know i should starve but it sux

Edited by brokenbone

On 4/22/2020 at 10:31 AM, zippysteve said:

It’s not much of a “lockdown” lol I was at Lotus after midnight last night and I saw a few foreigners walking around which is slightly unusual right now. As well as a dozen local nationals in the store last night. 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, lee b said:

Whats the point to leave your house, theres nothing open and nothing to do.

Wait - that would mean zippysteve was lying?  Surely not?

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What was the fine? be should know by now

He had to pay 5000 baht and was free to go. Happened by 3pm. But he said another person had to pay 10000 baht for breaking the curfew. I am not sure why. His sister said she knew someone at the police station and had informed him of her brother.

I asked whether he had received any receipt for the fine, and she said no. But I will inquire again tomorrow they were busy settling things today what with the fight and all.

Just now, Neole said:

He had to pay 5000 baht and was free to go. Happened by 3pm. But he said another person had to pay 10000 baht for breaking the curfew. I am not sure why. His sister said she knew someone at the police station and had informed him of her brother.

I asked whether he had received any receipt for the fine, and she said no. But I will inquire again tomorrow they were busy settling things today what with the fight and all.

He also mentioned that police or court said earlier they were fining 40000 baht. Which matches what earlier replies in the thread said.

On 4/22/2020 at 4:33 PM, zippysteve said:

I’ve spent like maybe 30 seconds in a mask since this began ????. Only a handful of stores are asking people to wear masks really. 

The UK government is set to tell people to wear face coverings to stop the spread of the coronavirus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uk-government-set-tell-people-121634267.html