Bangkok Hospital - Khon Kaen - Eye surgery

Speedo1968

Cataract surgery is the most common procedure and done everywhere so if doctor has experience should be fine.  Talk with doctor about your allergic concerns - there are drops you take for a week or so as I recall but been too many years to remember if also normal antibiotics (but as with most things here expect they have have been provided).  If the cataract is not causing you issues normal practices is to just monitor rather than remove (but your saying urgent expect it is causing issue).

Had both eyes done, at Bangkok Hospital Phuket, and lens implants put in at the same time. No antibiotics given, but as the other poster said, you have to use two different types of eye drops for approx a week after, just to prevent any infection. One was yellow, and the other clear drops. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, Kildonan said:

Had both eyes done, at Bangkok Hospital Phuket, and lens implants put in at the same time. No antibiotics given, but as the other poster said, you have to use two different types of eye drops for approx a week after, just to prevent any infection. One was yellow, and the other clear drops. 

Thanks for your comments.

Having cataract from one eye removed using ultra sound ( ? ) and a lens implant the eye itself is fine.

Do you have any hints about not causing stress to the treated eye during the first few weeks ?   I live alone although have a friend I can call on in an emergency.    Example, does ones balance change due to improved vision; I do floor yoga stretching exercises could this affect the implant ?

15 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Example, does ones balance change due to improved vision; I do floor yoga stretching exercises could this affect the implant ?

Did not notice any balance issues - the big thing is how vivid colors become - and you will need sunglasses as daylight will be too bright for many months.

You need to protect eye from any contact and at night will wear protective clear plastic cover so might be good idea to use during yoga (although probably not required).

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Did not notice any balance issues - the big thing is how vivid colors become - and you will need sunglasses as daylight will be too bright for many months.

You need to protect eye from any contact and at night will wear protective clear plastic cover so might be good idea to use during yoga (although probably not required).

Thanks again.
After the test at the hospital following 4 lots of drops I was amazed how bright the sun was and had to wear a friends sunglasses.    Didn't realise that it may require them for many months.    

For floor yoga my concern was that in full body stretches it may stretch my face too, will have to monitor before the op.

I had some eye damage from body surfing back in the 1960's ( bit like snow blindness ) and spent years in clean air countries, also in desert areas of Saudi and Kuwait ( not military but farming ) where I rarely used sunglasses except for driving.     Fortunately that does not seem to have damaged my eyes.