Visa Amnesty. Where Do I Stand?

Hi guys,

I will try to contact immigration but interested to see how you guys read my situation. My non o immigrant visa based on marriage ran out on 20th March. My final stamp was to run out on the 15th. April. So, On March 25th. I got a 2 month extension until June 17th( Before the emergency decree was to take effect). Am I covered by the new visa amnesty? Although my visa finished before the 26th March my extension is good until June 17th. Are extensions and visas one of the same? I Would like to stay beyond this date but don't want to be hit with a fine. Personally I think I fall between the cracks and will either have to leave before June 17th or apply for a Marriage extension which I can't do at the moment. Any recommendations welcomed. Cheers.

I was in a similar situation. My 1 year multiple entry O visa (marriage) from Savannakhet expired on February 17, 2020. I did a border run on February 1, 2020 giving my current stay to April 30, 2020. Just in case, as I wasn't sure, I went to Korat immigration 2 days ago.  They confirmed that my stay is good until July 31 and no need for 90 day address reporting.  Actually I had tried to do a 90 day report on line as I have done so in the past, but the site would not accept the application. So while at Korat immigration they did confirm that no need for a 90 day reporting of address. 

I was in a similar situation. I could not do a border run on the day I attempted to do it last month so on the following day I went to Korat Immigration to secure a 60 day extension (by payment). That extension is valid until May 22nd. I was also curious if the amnesty covered my particular circumstance because some were saying that it only applied to those stuck here on a tourist visa, mine is a multi entry Non-O based on marriage. I have some time and thought it might be best to enquire at the same office where I got my 60 day extension just to make sure. My original intention was to actually go there but then I found out they have a FaceBook page and it was possible for me to message the office with my question. Briefly outlining my circumstances yesterday, I checked FB this morning and found their reply which was "Yes, you can stay in Thailand until JUL 31'20 too" Great thing about this is that I have been able to print out our exchange of messages and there is also a record which can be accessed in the future at any time from my mobile phone. 

31 minutes ago, Ken said:

I was in a similar situation. My 1 year multiple entry O visa (marriage) from Savannakhet expired on February 17, 2020. I did a border run on February 1, 2020 giving my current stay to April 30, 2020. Just in case, as I wasn't sure, I went to Korat immigration 2 days ago.  They confirmed that my stay is good until July 31 and no need for 90 day address reporting.  Actually I had tried to do a 90 day report on line as I have done so in the past, but the site would not accept the application. So while at Korat immigration they did confirm that no need for a 90 day reporting of address. 

Ken, with the visa that you have you do not do 90 day reports to the IO, instead you must do a border run every 90 days and when you re-enter then you must do a TM30 under the normal conditions but with the Covid-19 you cannot do your 90 day border run so you do not do your TM30 either.

JimmyB; extensions are only obtained at your local IO whereas your particular visa was obtained outside Thailand. You have not been real clear as to your visa but, I would say that you have a 1 year Multi Entry Non-Imm "O" Marriage Visa and for that you must leave the country every 90 days. The ones that have the extensions have 90 day Non-Imm "O" visa which they can get a 1 year extension based on either retirement or marriage at their local IO and they must do 90 day reporting to immigration

On 4/24/2020 at 8:27 AM, Jimmy B said:

Thanks Ubon. I hope you are right. Just don't want a gnarly IO see my visa expired March 20th and hit me with overstay fines. Cheers mate.

How can you be on overstay when they gave you a 60 days extension until June? That date is what matters.

Russell I think you should reread my post. "Ken, with the visa that you have you do not do 90 day reports to the IO, instead you must do a border run every 90 days and when you re-enter then you must do a TM30 under the normal conditions but with the Covid-19 you cannot do your 90 day border run so you do not do your TM30 either."

Again, my visa expired on February 17, so I was in Thailand from February 1 when I did a border run which gave me an additional 90 days to April 30.  So being that April 30 I cannot do a border run it would have been 90 days in Thailand and indeed I would normally have to do a 90 day address report if I didn't leave Thailand. As I said the IO said no need to do anything including the 90 day address report because of Covid 19. And nothing to do with a TM 30 which by the way I did on line anyway on February 2.

Russell, you might also reread sjbrown post as it was quite clear what he had and what he was doing. I only went to Korat immigration to confirm because of so many many confusing reports in Thai visa.

• Like 1