Amid Covid-19 don't forget threat from heat stroke in summer, expert warns

Jonathan Fairfield

Amid Covid-19 don't forget threat from heat stroke in summer, expert warns

n6.jpg

Heat stroke is another health hazard about which people should be cautious during the summer besides the Covid-19 threat, Surachai Chokkhanchitchai, Uthaithani Hospital’s director, warned.

In several parts of Thailand, the temperature has reached 40 degrees Celsius and it might lead to a heat stroke, a health condition where the human body's internal temperature regulation is damaged.

An irregularity in the brain will increase body temperature to 40 degrees Celsius and will directly affect the brain and circulation system.

When hit by a heat stroke, the body stops perspiring and turns red. Thirst for water will increase and then nausea will kick in followed by an irregular heartbeat. It might eventually lead to a heart attack, the doctor cautioned.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386790

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-26

"An irregularity in the brain will increase body temperature to 40 degrees Celsius and will directly affect the brain and circulation system."

I met many people where I had the feeling that they have an irregularity in the brain. But didn't know that their body temperature is 40 degrees Celsius.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

"An irregularity in the brain will increase body temperature to 40 degrees Celsius and will directly affect the brain and circulation system."

I met many people where I had the feeling that they have an irregularity in the brain. But didn't know that their body temperature is 40 degrees Celsius.

Anutin........

Heat stroke is extremely unpleasant,i have had it ,you just can't think coherently,i started to get a month or so ago bird proofing my gutters,i recognised the signs and stopped immediatly,had a swim,but was still feeling a little dizzy several hours later. Another thing to watch out for especially now we are getting some rain is prickly heat,were the pores sweat so much they become blocked and red and very itchy ,calamine lotion helps but mainly try to stay out the heat and not sweat.