Perhaps the following chart of the bond THAILAND 6.15% BDS 07/07/26 can explain why speculators are so interested in THB.

I found it at the following link http://datacenter.treasury.erstebank.com/w...ex.html?LANG=en

a 4% price increase of a bond over a period of four months (with two interest rate cuts) is something quite normal and in this case not related to the currency.

Well really a 20% increase between the bottom in January and the top in March seems a lot to me.

Even a 20% increase in price on a 20 year equates to just over 1.5% change in yield

Btw this bond is an international one, this just to answer Dr.Naam's question "what are off-shore baht for ?".

Is it really an international bond ? I thought it was one of those domestic debt restructuring bonds ? That it is denominated in baht implies that it can't be an international issue, but I could be wrong about that - however I would be curious to know how it settles if it is an international issue.

Well really a 20% increase between the bottom in January and the top in March seems a lot to me.

Btw this bond is an international one, this just to answer Dr.Naam's question "what are off-shore baht for ?".

one has to look at the "whole picture", i.e. price december > march or much longer and all "incidents" during that period.

the bottom must have been caused (my personal opinion) by the well known restrictions.

i am quite sure that i never asked this question as i am well aware what offshore Baht are for.