cost of a bathroom...

1FinickyOne

I have a room in my carport and there is a storage room in the back... would need a door, toilet, sink, shower stall, - - there is water to the unit, and septic is not far away... approx how much would it cost to finish this into a decent bathroom... labor included. I know there is a range of costs for fixtures, but lets assume mid-range... nothing too pricey but decent and adequate. 

You could save money by not having an official shower stall/enclosure.  Just a shower set up on the wall to the side and drain in the floor.  You could still make the rest of it look nice with proper flooring, etc.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

You could save money by not having an official shower stall/enclosure.  Just a shower set up on the wall to the side and drain in the floor.  You could still make the rest of it look nice with proper flooring, etc.

Yep a "wet room" is the way to go. If you wanted a degree of priviacy just a a single block "nib" in the wall that gives a visual break.

Labor is going to be the big variable.  Tile and fixtures can be priced out for what you want but guessing that would run B15K - B25K.  If you can find a decent tiler versus a "company" you might get a price break now that construction is almost non-existent.  Tilers will quote as low as a few hundred baht per m2 up to B2000 and my guess is you have about 43m2 of wall and floor to tile.  Add another 7m2 or so for a shower wall.

Edited by bankruatsteve
Probably low on the material estimate.