Thai Cabinet decides not to postpone May holidays

webfact

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

so what's the purpose of having the public holidays

Well that's to stop people being forced to work 365 days per year for no extra pay than a basic salary...

However, at this time I think companies should add public holidays to their 'holiday' allowance and negotiate with employees TBH.

Are you suggesting the only reason to have public holidays (like Christmas Day in the UK) is that people don't stay home?

Perhaps a slightly less developed idea of how to belittle everything reported in Thai news.

Edited by ben2talk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Labour Day - 1 May

Coronation Day - 4 May

Visakha Bucha - 6 May

Royal Ploughing Ceremony - 11 May

Will companies close May 5th, making it a continuous holiday from Fri 1st returning to work on the 7th?

5 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

People don't have work or money at present, and if alcohol ban continue,  who need holiday?

People want to go back to work, earn money, then first then have a holiday and party.

That I agree with you. I think Thais would sooner go back to work than have a holiday unless you work for the gov or are the governemnt Just dont make sense to me. Lots of thais have no work so they say have a holiday hahaha

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Let's open up alcohol sales in advance of the holidays. What kind of holiday can people have without some hooch? 

A good one without drunks slobbering and spitting all over people and their food at a restaurant as they stagger and push their way past

3 hours ago, Percy P said:

Is that all you think about is money for beer.   A better idea would to put some beer money in a savings account for a time you may be short ,like the present situation. Or do  you have the Thai thought  of spend today my not be here tomorrow . 

Another "holier than though" punter

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Labour Day - 1 May

Oh Yippee!!!  All of the unemployed and the out-of-work and folks who have had their businesses and livelihoods destroyed can flock to the celebrations (with the proper social distancing) and sing the praises of Labor Day that the puuyai have so graciously allow the little people to celebrate!!!  That's over 1/3 to 1/2 of the county.  Man.  What a party.  Well, except they'll be no gatherings too large without permits and permission.  Better if no gatherings at all.  Better still just to stay home and look at pictures of May Poles on the Internet.  And no drinking allowed.  Definitely no drinking as that spreads Covid. 

Edited by connda

9 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Thai logic let’s have a holiday but I think everybody needs to stay in quarantine at their home and makes a lot of sense amazing Thailand TIT

Ahhh, but the "Special People" will be allowed out with much pomp and fanfare so that the public can vicariously celebrate the holiday by watching their betters. 

Edited by connda

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Lucky for me I am not effected, been on holiday here since November 2015.

What I would like to hear is that the alcohol ban will be lifted for one day at least, which would give me enough time to grab some booze so I can bunker down with a smile every single day for the next month.

Drunk Man Drawing | Free download on ClipArtMag

Oh dear! What a desperation for alcohol. ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

These are uniforms of ministers and permanent secretaries, not police or military. 

Typical Thailand, give the people uniforms, an excuse to make loud noise, and plenty of paperwork and that's them happy. ????

14 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Let's open up alcohol sales in advance of the holidays. What kind of holiday can people have without some hooch? 

Yes and see all the road deaths pile up a lot more than usual.

13 hours ago, Russell17au said:

A good one without drunks slobbering and spitting all over people and their food at a restaurant as they stagger and push their way past

But there are no Chinese people here just now, or are there?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like the suits are outnumbered by uniforms at the democratically elected government cabinet meeting then????

Just hope that they don't all shrug at the same time - with all those wings the building might take off!