Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Thursday reported seven new coronavirus cases but no new deaths, taking its tally to 2,954 cases while fatalities remained at 54 since the outbreak began in January.

New daily infections have stayed in the single digits for four consecutive days.

Nearly 91% of patients have recovered and gone home, leaving 213 still in the hospital, according to Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman of the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Panarat Thepgumpanat)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-30

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bring on the nightlife, open the parks, stop the curfew, open up the world, follow Thailand's model of boldface lying numbers and MOPH's inaccessible statistical data bases.  Lets juststand up and get ready for that second wave, or are we all already full of needed antibodies, and has heard immunity worked under the guise of fake testing because it cost to much.  I will never figure this out.  Going to hit the last 6 bottles in my case of Corona, and have an early liquid lunch......

19 minutes ago, Guderian said:

For now, at least, the pandemic is over in Thailand. Maintain vigilance, certainly, but the people and the economy need some serious loosening of the restrictions imposed upon them.

Reopen liquor sales and the economy will explode.

I could have sworn  I read something to the effect that Thailand would open up when the daily number of infections is in single digits.

Was that just a lie, are the current figures correct, or was I just dreaming I read that?  Now that the numbers are below double digits, perhaps the power mongers want to enjoy absolute power for at least another month.

Funny though, you'd think they would manipulate the numbers a bit to stay just above single digits and justify their actions with some finger pointing at numbers.

• Like 2

Perhaps they could stop the panic reporting and say that Thailand has 213 patients currently under treatment and 2713 either dead or recovered.

Or are we supposed to go 'wow' at the biggest figure still?

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Funny though, you'd think they would manipulate the numbers a bit to stay just above single digits and justify their actions with some finger pointing at numbers.

Like TAT, they don't manipulate the actual data, but they publish the single indicator from there that fits the agenda. In this case, "Confirmed cases", which is practical as you can manipulate who ends there by adjusting the number of tests and PUI criteria. Just keep the testing backlog number and other data like deaths hidden and hey presto, you got your nice daily figure. 

Likely reason: it's too easy to verify the data itself after the fact and then it'd be inactive post.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

Thailand did much better than Western countries while handling pendamic. I this this is time theat western countries should learn lesson, I see in news many people break social distance rules but Thailand we see people are well deciplines on hygine isseue, wearning masks, self isolation, which is the reason infection in Thailand relativly low and under control. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Was that just a lie, are the current figures correct, or was I just dreaming I read that?  Now that the numbers are below double digits, perhaps the power mongers want to enjoy absolute power for at least another month.

Absolutely... Not the dreaming part but everything else