All Phuket lockdown orders remain in effect until further notice

webfact

All Phuket lockdown orders remain in effect until further notice

By The Phuket News

1588220850_1-org.jpg

All provincial orders issued by Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana, including the ban on visiting any beaches in Phuket, remain in effect until otherwise ordered. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: All current and existing provincial and health orders issued to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus are to remain in effect from May 1 until otherwise ordered, by order of the Prime Minister.

A notice issued by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announcing the continuation of all lockdown orders was posted on the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department of Thailand (PR Phuket) official Facebook page at just after 9pm last night (Apr 29).

All orders issued by the Bangkok Governor and other provincial governors are to remain in effect from May 1, as well as all orders issued by air transport authorities, immigration officials, health officers and other relevant officials, the notice explained.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-phuket-lockdown-orders-remain-in-effect-until-further-notice-75901.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-30

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

But why ? It's only Bang Tao problem.

It's a problem of an incompetent, chaotic government.

As if tomorrow comes as a total surprise.

Now needing time to sort out that "76 governors do what they want" mess.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Shot said:

They've muddied the waters so badly, they just don't know what to do. I'll be sending a box of crayons, and some paper to the proper authorities, perhaps then they can figure it out. 

I would then expect multicoloured poop to follow

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snackbar said:

Hundreds of kids drowned, tens of thousands died on the road, thousands were victims of corruption and exploitation.

Less than a hundred succumbed to the CCP virus, we all have to suffer, Thai logic.

It is called the "paradox of preparation". Why bother to keep brushing my teeth? I don't get cavities. Why do I have to suffer from wasted time brushing my teeth?  Your logic...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, hansgruber said:

This is crazy. 

TB had 10 million cases last year and 1.5 million people died of it. 

Covid isn't even close to being that infectious. 

Do we lock down the world for TB? 

Your figures are correct. The difference in the two viruses noted by you is TB is for the vast majority of sufferers treatable and curable. C19 is not. 

6 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

But why ? It's only Bang Tao problem.

Keep reading thephuketnews and thethaiger. The tambon restrictions end tonight except for 5 pocket areas. The misleading headline refers to other restrictions coming from PM. Such as behavior beaches booze, etc.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KCPhuket said:

Keep reading thephuketnews and thethaiger. The tambon restrictions end tonight except for 5 pocket areas. The misleading headline refers to other restrictions coming from PM. Such as behavior beaches booze, etc.

Note LiK's reaction is from 6 hours ago, when the situation was fluid, and leaning towards 'tambons stay closed'.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KCPhuket said:

The problem with local online news media is that they are not 'real time', and often the news they publish are hours out if date and may have been superceded.

It's noticeable that authorities are choosing to use social media to release information which puts it out there immediately.

Has anyone actually tested the boundaries this morning?

This on again, off again, closed, open debate is getting tedious. It would be nice to know the actual situation.

A neighbor has stated he is going to head into enemy territory several hundred meters south of the circle to shop at Makro later this morning. Hope he doesn't get shot.

1 minute ago, Soupdragon said:

Guess what, Bang Tao is still in lockdown, forever I think ????

With all recent infections coming from there, no surprise. It was also mentioned as one of the 5 areas that would remain in lockdown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I was at immigration this morning from Rawai, no obstacles at all and nobody at immigration. Took me, including getting the stamp I needed, 50!! minutes from Rawai to immigration and back.

Did you get your new permit on the spot without having to collect it at later time?

39 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Did you get your new permit on the spot without having to collect it at later time?

Yes, as is standard procedure for under consideration stamp, which I already had.