• Non-BG-Farang: Separated/Divorced
    • Only had short-term relationships
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are farangs who have long term relationships with Bar Girls (or similar) more likely to have unstable or failed relationships than those who have long-term relationships with other (non Bar Girl) Thai women?

Just in case some may have lost sight of the original post...

..............STABLE RELATIONSHIP.......BG vice non-BG

Comment: Nothing is forever and there are no guarantees...one night, one month, one year....who knows?

Personally, my current (two years) GF was/is? a BG....My old GF (also two years) was a BG......Do I regret anything? NO!! Not then and not now !

PUT ON YOUR SUNGLASSES FOR THE BLINDING FLASH OF THE OBVIOUS :D

The relationship, BG or non BG, or wife for that matter, will remain stable until there are "issues/problems".

In the mean time I am happy, and until the current GF says something I assume she is also. :o

This is an old post of mine from last year, but still worth adding i think..............Maybe Yohan will add his thoughts.

I met a girl once that had been sold by her parents when she was in her early teens, then she had been sold on later to a thai bar owner in Pattaya.

I knew the Thai woman that was the owner of the bar, now this girl had no education, no I.D. card, nothing, now in my book i call that a crap hand to be dealt, i knew that the Mamasan had paid 30,000 baht for Lek from some people in Bangkok, now, Lek was a looker, not in the Thai sense, but to a farang she was a stunner. Sure the mamasan was happy.

Lek was away from her previous owners, (that operated a thai bar in sumut prakhan) so i think she was happy. She met a guy that felt sorry for her in that same bar. This guy paid $2000 U.S., 50000 baht, to free her from the Thai Mamasan of the Pattaya bar. She married this farang in a Thai wedding ceremony at the Same bar, they sorted out her i.d. card somehow, long story short, he eventually got her to England , where they now have a family, the sons 9 i think, he is happy , she is happy, i saw him some months back, he swears it's the best thing he ever done. And she is the sweetest thing in the world to him. They met in 1991.

There, a true story, not speculation or generalisation, now if anyone says that its her fault she was in Pattaya they are wrong. This is not a story that packages all Thai Bar Girls in the same Box................. it's just the story of one.

..... but still worth adding i think..............Maybe Yohan will add his thoughts.

There is not so much to say about it....

This was around 1990, so about 15 years ago and situation improved a lot. It is getting more and more history.

The girl that time never was thinking about doing this kind of job. Often they had no parents, or parents using drugs and alcohol...

Some gangsters took the girls from North and East (not always Thai citizens or birth not registrated) and brought them down as far as to Hadyai and Sungai Golok.

(over there were also a lot of Burma and Vietnamese girls in the nightlife)

As a foreign man - if you had time and patience and some money to pay off a certain group of gangsters (dangerous for your life, if you did not!) - then you could find a wonderful wife.

If you were a so-called loser from Europe (because you could not find a local woman for what reason ever) you found women in Thailand beyond your dreams .....

Thai men and European men are different in their feelings, what is beautiful for an European, is not always the Thai men taste at all. After some compensation, around baht 50000 to baht 80000 at that time, they let the girl out.

To bring the girl into Europe is not so difficult compared with US immigration requirements, and the girl for sure never had any intention to go back from where she came from. - A good solution for both. Some people might speak out against it. But why not?

Some Thai people do not like to speak about that kind of bounded labour, and selling the own children....A Thai woman told me angrily about the bad foreigners, and 'selling children as sex-girls is not our culture'.... But on the way from the farm somewhere in North or East to the brothels in the South, usually foreigners were not involved.

Johann

I met a girl once that had been sold by her parents when she was in her early teens, then she had been sold on later to a thai bar owner in Pattaya.

I have never personally met any girls at the bars in BKK who were sold like this. I wonder how common it is. Maybe more than it appears.

At a soapy massage in BKK a guy I met bought a girl out for $1000 in 2002. He said she had been sold there not from her parents but to settle some debts she had.

Seems to me this is where Thai cops should be focusing, or at least not participating.

Are farangs who have long term relationships with Bar Girls (or similar) more likely to have unstable or failed relationships than those who have long-term relationships with other (non Bar Girl) Thai women?

To give you an example a pal of mine owns a hair salon in west london .5 years ago he employed 2 thai girls who had been brought to the UK . Unbeknown to their hubbies they were connecting with blokes all over the place . they were constantly ringing up the salon to speak to them . Of course once they had a passport the old fella was ditched .

I spoke to them when i went in there for a snip and they didnt look like Issan girls but fairly well educated BK girls. Last i heard they were still changing their men regularly and one had found a wealthy accountant guy and was going steady , the other one was still fooling around ,minus her hubby who had spent the cash to bring her over .

To be fair, I, a British resident, took pity on a party girl down on her luck and deep in debt; got her out of the country and married her. As soon as she'd got her British citizenship and most of my savings she f*cked off with a better looking young stud. She was from New York.

If I'm gonna repeat the mistake I'd rather it be with a Thai girl next time - I'm just bored getting shafted by white women all the time.

Last i heard they were still changing their men regularly and one had found a wealthy accountant guy and was going steady.

Sounds like they are westernised already, it did not take long did it!

Last i heard they were still changing their men regularly and one had found a wealthy accountant guy and was going steady.

Sounds like they are westernised already, it did not take long did it!

No, it didn't. Theres always the bigger better deal. Falang women do it as well. The only difference is they already live there so don't have to wait around for citizenship.

No loyalty to the guy who tried to give her a new life in the UK. Poor sucker. But then again, maybe he spent a fortune and commited all that, so he could beat and abuse her.

Where is the love? :o (thanks, black eyed peas)

Surely thats what keeps people together, right? If a relationship is based on monetary gain then of course you're eventually going to get dumped when a younger / richer option comes along, I don't see why there's any surprise.

Obvioulsy with that attitude I'm still single but I'm not going to get maried for anything less, I'm like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, ok? :D

If I'm gonna repeat the mistake I'd rather it be with a Thai girl next time - I'm just bored getting shafted by white women all the time.

What was it someone recently posted in another thread about chewing glass, watching men's figure skating and getting sodimized by a rhino before getting involved w/farang pooying again?

A little strong but as been said many times before, the odds of sucess w/"straight" Thai vs. what we used to call BBD's (bigger and better deal) in California, is better by far. :o